Sunlan fans near and far

Born Chesterfield, all family from Derbyshire and most still live there. Father's work as mining engineer brought us up to the NE when I was very young, no connection but chose to support Sunderland and have been lifelong supporter since, highest point being the '73 cup run, lowest, well, that has to be now.
It gets under your skin, can't let it go, still in it for the long haul.

it’s ok here yes, been here 20 odd years but have been in China for large parts of it, how long u been there? Kings is a decent place to play cricket as is Chipperfield nearby
Just over 18 years now, moved out of the smoke when Mrs (no) fell pregnant, I was clueless and where to go and she was brought up here, and her parents fairly local so could help out with emergency childcare etc, decent decision in the end, bit of a trek for home matches but plenty of aways accessible

Morning @Oaktown SAFC ....

Of all the teams you chose to follow my friend...

Sounds like you chose us, so you have nobody else to blame ;)

It's always been a bumpy ride for as long as I can remember, and I first went to Roker Park when I was a 6 year old, my Uncle is to blame for that, god rest his soul...

As you say the Reid era was awesome, I thought we were onto something, it was fun while it lasted...

Have you been watching the garbage in League one? I cant remember it ever being quite this bad...

The EFL will confirm our destiny later today....

I'm still thinking of how to link fans near and far with some sort of mapping link , I've emailed google to ask if we can do something through them...

Morming @Mk Mackem...

Finally had a quick chance to log on.

Oh yes, I've had the streaming service both seasons of League One. It's been dire. Was last over in 2017 and went to 2 games, the last the 3-3 draw at home vs Bolton. Grayson was sacked after the match.

I'm going to blame Sunderland and say I didnt choose it, it chose me.But I'm a life long supporter of baseball Kansas City Royals (30 years between World Series wins) and the NFL Kansas City Chiefs (50 years between Super Bowl wins) so maybe it was the natural fit. I remain hopeful for something great for SAFC, but time is not on my side ;)

Morming @Mk Mackem...

Finally had a quick chance to log on.

Oh yes, I've had the streaming service both seasons of League One. It's been dire. Was last over in 2017 and went to 2 games, the last the 3-3 draw at home vs Bolton. Grayson was sacked after the match.

I'm going to blame Sunderland and say I didnt choose it, it chose me.But I'm a life long supporter of baseball Kansas City Royals (30 years between World Series wins) and the NFL Kansas City Chiefs (50 years between Super Bowl wins) so maybe it was the natural fit. I remain hopeful for something great for SAFC, but time is not on my side ;)
I thought the Mets were going to win loads when I started supporting then in 1986. The only bit of glory hunting I have ever done. Lol how wrong I was, but still supporting Sunderland should have given me a warning on that one. Nice post oaktown.

Back