Sunlan fans near and far

I live in Kingston - see post 85.

Also my two "grown-up" 🤣🤣 lads still live in our house😡, so plus two keen SAFC fans here (Job done on my part, spawning the world with red n white sunlun tadpoles).

That Kevin McGuire (the journo from Shields) lives round here, seen him a few times, he's an MLF but I'd be surprised if he gets on here, you never know though.

There's a few of us dotted about in Kingston!

Always liked Wakey, friendly people. Went a few times to the Rooftop Garden in the 80s. (Shameful admission: Black Lace - also from Wakey - were performing there and I was actually on the dance floor when they performed AGA-bloody-DOO. Was pissed mind.)
I’ve been in there a few times. When it was called Casanovas the DJ was suspended from the ceiling in a flying saucer. Mind there are/were some very friendly women from that area.

1 The Ram is canny
2 Born & bred in Wakey
3 Never actually lived in NE
1 The Ram is OK but sadly the pubs in Kingston are poor: if you are in the area go towards Surbiton (I'll buy you a pint👍). Any comments @Novelty Island @bat
2 Love Wakey especially when I met this classy bird (Nancy -I dont have pics - just as well) who told me to "get t' kit off"!!
3 But you have excellent taste. Wakey is known as the biggest city in England without a footie team, so thanks for choosing SAFC over Leeds Bradford Huddersfield Donny etc

1 The Ram is OK but sadly the pubs in Kingston are poor: if you are in the area go towards Surbiton (I'll buy you a pint👍). Any comments @Novelty Island @bat
2 Love Wakey especially when I met this classy bird (Nancy -I dont have pics - just as well) who told me to "get t' kit off"!!
3 But you have excellent taste. Wakey is known as the biggest city in England without a footie team, so thanks for choosing SAFC over Leeds Bradford Huddersfield Donny etc
Quite liked the Ram, met GOM & Shef in there for Wimbledon last time.
Don’t get to Wakey as much anymore after parents died.
They chose me - the bassa’s 😄

The only pubs in Kingston I’ve used are those over the bridge by the roundabout. Rather like the two pubs by the lock/ bridge in Teddington. Otherwise the Phoenix or Magpie in Lower Sunbury.

Hi again everyone, if we keep the thread going for a while longer I'll get the lad to sort out something online where SAFC fans can register the city/ town / village of residence maybe to help with travel to games , car sharing, fan meet ups, social events etc etc...I'm not exactly that clued up tech wise but as I mentioned that the lad is a bit of a whizz...it may take a bit of time, any help or suggestions are very welcome. I've got a few ideas so let's see. I'm not well at the moment and I'm waiting on spinal surgery and I'm now medically retired, sort of...so I'll have lots of time at home to administer or whatever. This thread has been running a few weeks and has thrown up fans near and far so please keep it going, the more the merrier....cheers
OK good luck with it, hope your back gets better soon
Cheers @gluepot ....
Change of plan, Mrs MK is snowed under but the lad will build a website or some online register I'm not sure yet, any suggestions welcome....

Last edited:

Don't drink that much in Kingston to be fair!

When I do it's normally The Willoughby (The signed Sunderland top is mine!) or in the town centre, The Wheelwrights or down the river. The Ram is ok too.

Hi MK. Just having a look here - very good thread. I am only in Harrogate and don't attend matches these days but want to be part of this. Real lads.

Just over in Knaresborough here! Compared to others on here my commute up the A1/A19 isn’t too bad.

Hi MK. Just having a look here - very good thread. I am only in Harrogate and don't attend matches these days but want to be part of this. Real lads.
Hi John how you getting on mate...

Lovley lovley place, lucky man....

It's not all about attending games, it could be a social meet up or car sharing to save money/ environment or just to check at a glance where we all live. Or anything we want it to be, suggestions welcome. I'm medically retired, sort of so I've plenty of time on my hands.....

Back