Sunglasses

Persols retail for about the same as RB wayfarers, maybe a bit more.
Their classics are the Steve McQueen 409s but be warned even the smaller size are massive. I got a pair but gave them to my missus as they suit her better with her big coconut heed. I think the 516 is the McQueen model that folds at the bridge but I don’t see any need to fold glasses up that small.

Anyway Persols and RayBans are both owned by Luxottica now so they problies come out of the same factory.
I got the fold at the bridge ones off eBay for £4.99. I look like a Jekyll & Hyde Thomas Crown in em.

Go to OnSpec on Leechmere industrial estate.

They do sunglasses as well (prescription if you like) for decent prices, all the top brands as well.

I got a pair of Custom Raybans for about £100 a couple of years ago and they're they best ones I've ever owned.

Last 2 pairs have been bolle wrap rounds with photovoltaic lenses. Great gegs and don’t notice I’ve got them on sometimes. £75 but worth it. I had ray bans before these and dropped them smashing the lense which boiled my piss big time
Bought a pair of Oakleys last year, pushed the boat out etc

Few months later they fell out the car door pocket and as soon as I reversed and heard the crunch, I thought FFS I know what that was!

Now back on the £20 ones and much more relaxed about them seeing the same fate...

I need a new pair as well. Went to get my old faithfuls out of my bag today and they’ve snapped in two. Two Ironmans, four halfs and god knew how many runs and bike rides over the years. It’s like losing an old friend :(

Back