Sunglasses

Last 2 pairs have been bolle wrap rounds with photovoltaic lenses. Great gegs and don’t notice I’ve got them on sometimes. £75 but worth it. I had ray bans before these and dropped them smashing the lense which boiled my piss big time

Last 2 pairs have been bolle wrap rounds with photovoltaic lenses. Great gegs and don’t notice I’ve got them on sometimes. £75 but worth it. I had ray bans before these and dropped them smashing the lense which boiled my piss big time

Can you charge your mobile phone with them? Best invention ever.

Luxottica owned and made

Never had a pair but I like the look of some Persol sunglasses. I think you can get them for less than a hundred quid.
Persol are also made by Luxottica... same as Ray Ban and Oakley - basically, it's all the same thing

Persols retail for about the same as RB wayfarers, maybe a bit more.
Their classics are the Steve McQueen 409s but be warned even the smaller size are massive. I got a pair but gave them to my missus as they suit her better with her big coconut heed. I think the 516 is the McQueen model that folds at the bridge but I don’t see any need to fold glasses up that small.

Anyway Persols and RayBans are both owned by Luxottica now so they problies come out of the same factory.
Sorry, didn't see this post prior to posting mine... yup, they are all the same glasses... Oakley, too. All you have to do is look up Luxottica- the majority of glasses in the market are owned by them.

Last edited by a moderator:
After losing/damaging/theft of 4 pairs within. Year, I bout 3 pairs from the poundshop.

Look decent and do the job. Not a scratch and appear unbreakable.

Wore them all holiday and been superb.

Get yersell some Randolph Engineering gegs man. Proper gadgies glasses.
Good shout - got concordes, Crew Chief, Aviators and Elites from them. Very well made.

Maui Jims.
Got a pair of these anarl. Very good optics for poly carb lenses.

Love wearing sunglasses me
(Almost) never leave the house without them. The other day I was at a hotel anshort walknfrom the job site. It was a cloudy day so I stupidly left my shades in the hotel. It turned out bright and sunny so I was like Mister Magoo walking back after work squinting in the sun and barely able to see.

After losing/damaging/theft of 4 pairs within. Year, I bout 3 pairs from the poundshop.

Look decent and do the job. Not a scratch and appear unbreakable.

Wore them all holiday and been superb.
I assure you that if you wear ‘pound shop’ geggs you will one day live to regret it.
You only get one pair of eyes man, and the sun can do serious damage. Why risk it with cheapo shades (which often look shite anyway)?
I wear shades every day, got over 30 pairs. No cheapies.

Last edited:
I wouldn't waste a quid on sunglasses unless I knew for certain the lens' have UV400 protection.

Your eyes need protecting from UV rays on cloudy days as well as sunny, especially when on water and snow.

Back