Sunderland

I was in a number of shops in Sunderland city centre yesterday and noticed plenty of people not wearing masks they must think it's already 19/07/21!
I was in a number of shops in Sunderland city centre yesterday and noticed plenty of people not wearing masks they must think it's already 19/07/21!

Hospital visits stopped now in S+ST
Won't be long before Jimmy Krankie puts the block on us nipping over the border. Anyone who has booked a Staycation up there for the shipyard fortnight may need to start worrying

I see pubs starting to have to close again.... Champs in Washy

This morning we have had confirmation that we’ve had staff testing positive for Covid-19.

Out of caution and a duty of care to everyone we have decided to close Champs immediately whilst the rest of our team get tested and we complete a deep clean and fogging.

We hope to reopen again at the weekend and will make an announcement on this page as soon as possible.

We wish our team members a speedy recovery.

This morning we have had confirmation that we’ve had staff testing positive for Covid-19.

Out of caution and a duty of care to everyone we have decided to close Champs immediately whilst the rest of our team get tested and we complete a deep clean and fogging.

We hope to reopen again at the weekend and will make an announcement on this page as soon as possible.

The Terrace the National Reserve club Streetbar the Greens and the new Wow wine bar have all closed for short periods because of covid recently.

Keel Boat shut on 3rd July after an outbreak there. Its back open now but quite a few of the regulars & staff caught Covid.

From today’s BBC live feed:

Posted at 15:0315:03

Health staff in Sunderland asked to postpone holidays​

Health bosses in Sunderland have asked staff to postpone holidays as the local trust is "under extreme pressure" due to a surge in coronavirus cases.
Staff at South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust, an area which has one of the highest infection rates in the country, are seeing hospital cases double week-on-week.
Bosses told staff earlier this week there were 80 patients receiving treatment - while there were just two exactly a month previously.
In the internal memo, they asked for staff to work additional shifts, with a £250 bonus for staff who could work an extra week of overtime spread over the next six weeks.
Dr Shaz Wahid, medical director at the trust, said: "We are seeing increasing numbers of patients accessing our services and rising admissions due to the current high numbers of Covid-19 in our local community.
"Understandably, this has had an impact on our workforce as well as the wider public.”

I wish they had closed Oddies on Hylton Rd before the jock game.
It was like 1879 in Dodge the wild west. Just the girls were a bit less dressed
I reckon most of the pubs are going to have been a massive cause marra. It's better that we have the vaccines though and people know the risk so can make their own mind up if they want to go out.

Back