Sunderland

The chances are that you have already caught the disease, but on the off chance that you haven’t then it’s worthwhile trying to avoid it just in case you or the little are more vulnerable to covid‘s effects. Set up a bedroom for her, with a chair and tv etc if she can be bothered to get up and watch. Keep her food utensils etc away from yours and the bairn. Clean the bathroom each time she uses it as covid in found in stools. If you have two bathrooms then allocate one just for her.

Keep the little one away from her as much as possible. If you need to go in the room, open the windows and wear a mask. Wash your hands when you leave the room. Wipe everything down with your choice of disinfectant too and just be as careful as you can.

Good advice mate. Thanks for that.

I do think it's probably already a little late late given the contact over the last few days but guess you never know.

She had a bit of a cold for a couple of days and lateral flow said negative. But it was shifting and she was hot so got a test and it's positive. What do people reckon, should me and the little one try to stay away, separate in the house? Or is that pointless now ?

Unless you have a huge house it's very unrealistic keep separate and a someone said, the damage has probably already been done. The wife tested positive first in ours, then our son a few days after, then our daughter and I a few days after that.

Unless you have a huge house it's very unrealistic keep separate and a someone said, the damage has probably already been done. The wife tested positive first in ours, then our son a few days after, then our daughter and I a few days after that.
My daughter tested positive but my wife and I were negative. We seemed to dodge it so it is possible. It's not easy mind.
On a different point the mother in law who is in her 70's gets the vaccine at Bunny Hill on Friday so they seem to be making good progress.

Last edited:
Just seen the latest figures for Sunderland its not good , another 283 cases

I thought we had got to grips with this last week but it appears not

Just seen the latest figures for Sunderland its not good , another 283 cases

I thought we had got to grips with this last week but it appears not

As others have mentioned there was a good 3 - 4 week lag during the first wave for London size cases to show up in the North East. Looks like its mebbes starting to rip here now. Its gonna be rough if so.

As others have mentioned there was a good 3 - 4 week lag during the first wave for London size cases to show up in the North East. Looks like its mebbes starting to rip here now. Its gonna be rough if so.
Hopefully, in the same way opening up based on London figures last year screwed us, locking down earlier (relatively) based on London will help this time.

Last edited:
How's it going in the house, any further spread? I've lost my smell in the last 2 days, very weird and hopefully the last symptom of this bloody thing, back at work tomorrow.

Mrs has had a rough week mate. Hasn't left the bed much at all. Zero energy she has. Me and the little one still seem ok like no symptoms. Still been sleeping in same bed too. See what happens, still time like. How long does it take to show? 4 days is it ?

Mrs has had a rough week mate. Hasn't left the bed much at all. Zero energy she has. Me and the little one still seem ok like no symptoms. Still been sleeping in same bed too. See what happens, still time like. How long does it take to show? 4 days is it ?

Wife was bad from 1st Jan and tested positive 5th. Son then tested positive 8th and daughter and I on the 10th. I had a very occasional cough on the 8th but tested negative that day. Between us all I reckon the list of symptoms is about 20 long but the kids took it in their stride. I would hate to think I passed it on to anyone older.

Wife was bad from 1st Jan and tested positive 5th. Son then tested positive 8th and daughter and I on the 10th. I had a very occasional cough on the 8th but tested negative that day. Between us all I reckon the list of symptoms is about 20 long but the kids took it in their stride. I would hate to think I passed it on to anyone older.

Aye. Me too. Mrs was bad a week before she tested positive too.

They were saying on BBC Radio Sunderland today that there is currently 19/20 daily covid related admissions to the Sunderland/South Tyneside Trust hospitals.

Back