Sunderland

Behave. Most people are catching this through breaking the rules and taking the absolute piss. If you want to kid yourself that someones picked up a box of eggs in Aldi that someone had previously coughed on, and then touched their face and contracted it, go for it :lol:

Keep spreading it, and defend the people that are spreading it (largely through their reckless and selfish actions, whilst the rest of us continue to make sacrifices) and the longer this stays with us wrecking lives and livelyhoods......

The state of this man :lol:
This pandemic has definitely brought out the self pretentious tits.

Every day for the last week+ man. At least you're not saying you've been tipped off by someone very senior at "wherever".

If it happens, then it happens but people constantly stating this is pointless. Of course, even a broken watch is right twice a day so someone will get lucky.
Stopped clock.

Ours are on a triage thing. Mine isn't urgent so I've been waiting a couple of weeks but a GP will ring me next Tuesday between 1pm-6pm. If it was more urgent I'd have been offered a quicker appointment and if it was something where the GP thinks I need to be seen physically, I'd be given a face to face appointment after the phone call.

If he needs to be seen, keep pressing them for an appointment. They should be able to offer something.
Managed to get a call back from one this afternoon

She prescribed him some ointment and reffered him to some 1 at newcastle hospital

Pallion medical group really are useless

The government's whole strategy relies on test and trace, which is how they felt they could relax on social distancing - the idea was that anyone infected would find out straight away and contacts would be traced straight away and told to self-isolate before potentially infecting anyone else.

That is being seriously undermined. Radio 4 reported today that only 10% of tests are being turned around within 48 hours. So, delays in getting a test and delays in getting the result means it could be around 4 to 5 days on average from symptoms to result. Meanwhile, the people they're aiming to trace have been going about their business in those 4 to 5 days blissfully unaware that they are infected, and so infecting other people.

Add to that, for every person infected another one is also infected but doesn't know because they don't have any symptoms, and then there are the people who have symptoms but don't care so won't go for a test.

I reckon it's likely that at least 3 to 4 people are infected for every known case, and a lot of them either don't know or don't care and so are going to various places infecting other people. Today's hospitalisations are at the highest level since July 1st and we're only just starting to realise that we have a problem, so imagine what it's gonna be like after the next couple of weeks when we dither, talk about it, can't resolve the testing/results problem and come up with completely ineffective measures such as shutting the pubs at 10 in the meantime?

And, as far as solving the testing and turning results around problem, imagine what it's going to be like around November when people start getting flu and heavy colds in large numbers and think they may have covid and they too are scrambling around for tests.

Shambles.

A lad posted a thread saying full lock down now. What's the betting he pulls that thread back up in a couple of months time?

County Durham526,98034
Darlington106,5663
Gateshead202,50838
Hartlepool93,24212
Middlesbrough140,5457
Newcastle upon Tyne300,19651
North Tyneside205,98524
Northumberland320,27425
Redcar and Cleveland136,7181
South Tyneside150,26536
Stockton-on-Tees197,2137
Sunderland277,41740

4th per head of population re: that list.

Newcastle
South Tyneside
and Gateshead have more cases than us.

And, as far as solving the testing and turning results around problem, imagine what it's going to be like around November when people start getting flu and heavy colds in large numbers and think they may have covid and they too are scrambling around for tests.
This is happening now, bugs going round schools and teachers having to be tested. Only they're finding it hard to get tests and can't work until they do. No teachers = no school.

It's the annual urban legend of a wallet being found in the metrocentre belonging to an asian man who then thanks the finder and warns them not to go to the metrocentre on the Xth of December. The implication being there will be a terrorist attack on that date.

And that's the whole north east who's heard that story now!

ffs never explain it, it's funnier when people don't know

The government's whole strategy relies on test and trace, which is how they felt they could relax on social distancing - the idea was that anyone infected would find out straight away and contacts would be traced straight away and told to self-isolate before potentially infecting anyone else.

That is being seriously undermined. Radio 4 reported today that only 10% of tests are being turned around within 48 hours. So, delays in getting a test and delays in getting the result means it could be around 4 to 5 days on average from symptoms to result. Meanwhile, the people they're aiming to trace have been going about their business in those 4 to 5 days blissfully unaware that they are infected, and so infecting other people.

The government claim 24 hours is between 80-90%

"Turnaround times for pillar 2 (swab testing for the wide population) have become shorter for in-person tests2 compared with the previous week and in the most recent week, 89.6% of in-person tests results were received the next day after the test was taken. However, turnaround times for satellite/home tests continue to get longer overall."

Weekly statistics for NHS Test and Trace (England) and coronavirus testing (UK): 27 August to 2 September

:lol:

Majority of them will be utter dickheads who have caught it through breaking the rules. Get them held accountable for spreading misery and econonomic hardship.
Some maybe but many will have caught it through no fault of their own. My wife is a secondary school teacher. She teaches multiple classes of thirty odd kids in a small cramped classroom with no social distancing and no PPE. They do have hand gel but that's it. She's a sitting duck and short of packing it in there's nothing she can do to avoid it except hope for the best.
Some maybe but many will have caught it through no fault of their own. My wife is a secondary school teacher. She teaches multiple classes of thirty odd kids in a small cramped classroom with no social distancing and no PPE. They do have hand gel but that's it. She's a sitting duck and short of packing it in there's nothing she can do to avoid it except hope for the best.
Well that's weird. So I type 'handgel' and after I've posted it automatically turns into a link for handgel to Avons web page. Is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:

Well that's weird. So I type 'handgel' and after I've posted it automatically turns into a link for handgel to Avons web page. Is that supposed to happen?

Happens ocassionally, its just the message board software picking up on your most visited Web pages and creating a hyperlink from a frequent search request, at least it's not hand job as given by Thai lady boys or whatever...

Last edited:
The government claim 24 hours is between 80-90%

"Turnaround times for pillar 2 (swab testing for the wide population) have become shorter for in-person tests2 compared with the previous week and in the most recent week, 89.6% of in-person tests results were received the next day after the test was taken. However, turnaround times for satellite/home tests continue to get longer overall."

Weekly statistics for NHS Test and Trace (England) and coronavirus testing (UK): 27 August to 2 September

Radio 4 did say there had been a sharp decline in the ability to turn around tests, so it may have been higher in the period to the 2nd September, but they certainly reported today that currently only 10% of tests are being turned around within 48 hours. Added to that, the government is bending the truth in other areas. For example, they are stating that the average distance traveled for a test is 6 miles and using that statistic as a basis for the argument that tests are easy to come by - what they're not factoring is the people who didn't travel because the nearest testing place was hundreds of miles away. So, they have form for not telling it wholly like it is.

It's sad to watch really. I've seen the preparation and effort that is going in on a daily basis in places such a swimming centres, country pubs and businesses; and to be fair that is being mandated by the government. But, when they can't get test and trace right then all of the efforts of all of the people involved are being massively undermined because the whole strategy is underpinned by test and trace. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion: a lot of people doing a lot of good work which will in the end not be enough to stop what looks like the inevitable lead into high numbers of cases, hospitalisations and loss of life.

The only thing that will prevent that is something pretty special, pretty strict and now. Tinkering around with closing the pubs at 10 won't prevent what is coming and if they wait a couple of weeks to do something more meaningful it will be far too late by then.

Back