Sunderland Vs Bristol Rovers 5-0

As we got in as soon as turnstiles opened would be front and centre behind the goal, you’re right mate can’t remember having any real problems with the weather, don’t recall even being cold at this match but so long ago.

Yes then stood just behind the central entrance, then moved to the Fulwell when they cut the RE down, still love seeing pictures of a full RE pre demolition
There is no doubt we saw each other. Amazing all these years later. The last big roker end at its best was the Southampton game when we top of the old first division. Keegan etc and we lost 2-1. Big Sam scored at the fulwell end

can’t remember their scorers that day.

I can picture it in my mind now as I type.

There is no doubt we saw each other. Amazing all these years later. The last big roker end at its best was the Southampton game when we top of the old first division. Keegan etc and we lost 2-1. Big Sam scored at the fulwell end

can’t remember their scorers that day.

I can picture it in my mind now as I type.
Haha, we’ve probably hugged after a goal.

Charlie George scored the winner for them, went for a header and hit his shoulder and crawled into the corner, hardy reached the back of the net.

Haha, we’ve probably hugged after a goal.

Charlie George scored the winner for them, went for a header and hit his shoulder and crawled into the corner, hardy reached the back of the net.
:lol: Those were the days of standing and celebrating like nutters with anyone.

i had a spell in the main stand paddocks, fulwell wing with a season ticket. Not the best view, with the tunnel in the way for the roker end, but good for a pitch side look of the players close up.

used to see my bright red kagool near the little home dug out on shoot. Was caught in the background of a picture, when two of safc 1930s stars were in the main stand private boxes one day, in the echo

I'm sure they mentioned on Quest yesterday that Rovers have never won in Sunderland

The same season we beat them 5-0 1977-78 , we played them in the FA Cup at Roker Park. Somehow lost 0-1 despite battering them. I can still remember their centre half punched the ball away and got away with it, I was behind the goal in the Roker End.

Boys enclosure? If so that’s three of us :lol: Lay long odds on we all had parkas on, with the hoods up
:lol:Sat on first barrier just to the right of the goal towards main stand. Always that spot. Was also wearing snorkel parka, dodgy trainers and slightly flared jeans no doubt. Moved to FE in the early 80s.

77/78 5-1

78/79 5-0

Both v Rovers.

BR City was a LC tie in the 80s under Denis iirc
In the late 70s Bristol City were in Div 1 having been promoted with us in 76. We won 6-1 away to them in the League Cup in 1990, I believe, with Thomas Hauser scoring.

Back