*~*~* Sunderland v Wigan *~*~*

2019 - Parkinson is a terrible appointment. We may as well have kept Ross

2020 - Johnson is a terrible appointment. We may as well have kept Parkinson.

2021 - (Insert name of failed lower league manager) is a terrible appointment. We may as well have kept Johnson
Nothing wrong sacking managers if they are not doing it. Its replacing them with worse that is the issue. Hope Im wrong but thats what we have done with Johnson.
No one will get us back up this season, even keane, pearson or anyone wouldnt. Its not manager fault its players are not good enough
They are not good enough in fact they are disgrace..fat unfit and uncommitted.

However, we should have appointed the best up and coming manager out there, not a bloke whose record is worse than the fell we have just sacked.

Last edited:
i'm pretty much apathetic at the minute. i don't miss many games home and away and perhaps it's all the other shite going on at the minute but i don't really care. whether it's not being there and being able to vent the anger or share the joy i just feel any emotion i don't know?
safc are a huge part of my life and have been for 40 years but i just feel numb towards it all.
apologies for the doom ridden post.
Agree totally. Missed first 15 minutes because inlaws were here! When I saw we were 1 down I was surprised but perhaps we will pull it back. Stopped following the game at half time. First game I went to was 1967/8. Perhaps my last has already been played.

I fail to see how supposed Professional footballers with a new manager coming in don't demonstrate passion and commitment for 90 mins, we don't know if they fell out with Parky, but surely they could not have been impressed by him, so today was the day to show Johnson and the fans that they mean business.
In reality we saw a pathetic performance, no desire, passion and Johnson really has his work cut out, the last 2 yrs we have possibly over achieved in a very poor league, we are mid table at best and I truly believe things will get worse before they get better.... The last 3 games clearly demonstrate where we are and the way we let teams kick start their season against us reflects how shit we are

Makes me laugh when people say the squad needs 'freshening up', as if we need 2 or 3 new players. I feel like you, need to get rid of 15+
Dinnat mak a song & dance about it. Just quietly run through each player in yer mind, asking yasel whether he's worth keeping. See how many yer left with. It's an exercise I've performed many times owa the decades. Rarely get beyond the fingers of one hand (Ooh, Bishop!)....

We can argue endlessly about how deep the squad changes need to be, but the simple fact remains we are losing primarily because we have no competent striker, we knew this in the summer and astonishingly added players that we all knew were no better than the dross we already had. Any points gained before January will be down to midfielders chipping in with goals.

We can argue endlessly about how deep the squad changes need to be, but the simple fact remains we are losing primarily because we have no competent striker, we knew this in the summer and astonishingly added players that we all knew were no better than the dross we already had. Any points gained before January will be down to midfielders chipping in with goals.
A competent striker would doubtless make a significant difference. They're not easily acquired. The cap makes acquisition harder still.

Back