+++|||*** Sunderland V Rochdale ***|||+++

I have never been in this situation regarding a manager in my life. Judging by the match thread we were terrible again. I think even ross's staunchest supporters would admit he never going to be a top manager, the performances have been poor. Anyone saying we should stick with him would rightly point to our results so far this season. I really cannot see him taking us up and firmly believe he will be sacked this season. Even if we did get promoted he would definitely be badly exposed in the championship. Unfortunately these results have bought him more time and have papered over the cracks. I just hope when his luck runs out, which it will, they don't take too much time to act.
Anyone basing any form of opinion via a match thread on here without seeing the game needs sectioning imo.

We were very poor and second best for most of the game. Even a draw would have been harsh on Rochdale. They had the majority of the play, played some great football and just let down by poor finishing. They had lads on that pitch who were 16 year old and others on rolling contracts on tiny salaries.

Was very impressed at how their coach set them up with a clear identity and way of playing.

Thought we were very very poor. Only the odd flash of quality from the usual suspect got us out of the hole. That's my worry, same as last season.

63% possession to them is not a great sign.

A lad at work told me last year good teams win when they play poorly. My belief on that is that good teams only play poorly 1 in 7 or 8 games.

I do hope we are wrong and JR finds a solution.

What an idiot.
Three wins in seven days. Loads on here moaning and trying to find fault. The same ones were convinced he would be gone by now....maybe they're just clueless gobshites on the internet.

Room for improvement, of course...but some are showing their hand as having an agenda and being unwilling to budge. Pathetic.

Three laboured wins with little creativity.

This is exactly like last season so far if we don't increase the attacking play our luck will run out over 46 games.

Last night we were poor again.

63% possession to them is not a great sign.

A lad at work told me last year good teams win when they play poorly. My belief on that is that good teams only play poorly 1 in 7 or 8 games.

I do hope we are wrong and JR finds a solution.

Mind, Leicester won the Premier League with an average of 30% possession iirc and our possession stats were quite high in the main last season.

McNulty seems to like to run the channels
And that's great. The problem is not many teams want to play a high line against us.

We are the Man City or Liverpool in the league in terms of teams thinking we are the team to beat. The only issue is our manager doesn't seem to want to control and dictate the game to the opposition.

For the foot experts on here then so why the f k is it that under Ross we cannot pass the ball even just the once never mind stringing passes together. Yes it's a generalisation but true. And don't get me started on quality of first touch. Even in L1 most other teams can do this, even the ones that we beat.

The usual overreactions are to be expected really. Not a great performance, but it's the third game in a week for most of the team and Ross did the right thing by sticking with a winning side. It's still early days - let's see how we go on Saturday.

One thing that's weird is this assertion that we're relying on McGeady 'magic'. Last night, he buried a good chance, so fair play to him. But he was hardly at his best and was pretty wasteful playing on the break.

And that's great. The problem is not many teams want to play a high line against us.

We are the Man City or Liverpool in the league in terms of teams thinking we are the team to beat. The only issue is our manager doesn't seem to want to control and dictate the game to the opposition.

We haven't played anyone this year who's really operated a deep defensive line though.

Back