+++|||*** Sunderland V Rochdale ***|||+++

You’re dying for McGeady to have a dry spell. Absolutely gasping. Your veins are filling up at the thought of him winning games for Ross. Hang in there son. The doom will be back soon and you can relax again.

See, I don't get this kicking off when we're winning. I'm the first to come on and have a go when poor teams are turning us over but, credit where its due, we've won 3 time in a week, scoring 7 and conceding 3. That's not bad at all and, more importantly the players are giving their all.

The manager isn't up to standard for me. We play absolutely terrible terrible football and create nothing. He might been edging out wins but so he should. The fact he finished 5th last year should have seen him sacked.

I pray he gets us top 2 this year but its f***ing terrible like. Pinned back against rochdale ffs

We played good periods of football against one of the most rated teams in the division in Portsmouth, and good enough spells to score twice against a team who by all accounts looked more up for it tonight. We’ve won them both. As much as we should have been promoted last year, there’s not loads to moan about yet this season. Performances poor; results good enough. Keep that up and finish top two this season - who’d complain?

Indeed, but we're often just about hanging in. One injury to McGeady or the keeper and it could swing t'other way.

It's good to win when you play badly - as long as you sometimes win when you play well too!

To be fair though mate, how many teams wouldn’t suffer if they lost their best player or their keeper ?

Agree with your second point

See, I don't get this kicking off when we're winning. I'm the first to come on and have a go when poor teams are turning us over but, credit where its due, we've won 3 time in a week, scoring 7 and conceding 3. That's not bad at all and, more importantly the players are giving their all.

I echo this.

Performances hopefully will come.

We were lucky tonight but sometimes you need that rub of the green. I’d much rather we were praising our keeper for getting us out of the shit than berating Lee Camp making a fuck up again.

I echo this.

Performances hopefully will come.

We were lucky tonight but sometimes you need that rub of the green. I’d much rather we were praising our keeper for getting us out of the shit than berating Lee Camp making a fuck up again.

Exactly mate. There's bound to be some nerves carried over from last season but hopefully results keep coming and they dissipate. I was critical the first 2 game for Ross playing players out of position, trialing a new system and helping extra pressure on them but, they seem a lot happier playing this one and let's hope the performances start to come as well.

I actually worry about a couple of things - the lack of clean sheets / soft goals again and his game plan when we go ahead. I’m not entirely convinced by his system but it’s early season and we’ve lost nowt and we’re firmly in touching distance of the top level with Ipswich who might struggle next game due to missing players, and ahead of Portsmouth. It’s all there for the taking. Sacking unbeaten managers despite nagging worries is beyond idiotic.

I actually worry about a couple of things - the lack of clean sheets / soft goals again and his game plan when we go ahead. I’m not entirely convinced by his system but it’s early season and we’ve lost nowt and we’re firmly in touching distance of the top level with Ipswich who might struggle next game due to missing players, and ahead of Portsmouth. It’s all there for the taking. Sacking unbeaten managers despite nagging worries is beyond idiotic.

I agree with all of this.

As Sally from York would say on that hotels advert.... "still winning"...........
Wish people would stop pissing the mattress about it.... Its still only August and I can smell the piss wafting down the a19 too much already...... We are heading up the table........ Relax a little.......

@Lord Alfred created a thread a few weeks back asking what people wanted to see out of our first few games. I said that I wanted good performances and xG dominance - as that would be a better indicator of our ability to get automatic promotion over a full season than a few lucky early wins. I’m happy with the points, of course, but I can’t go back on what I said. Given what we saw last season I’m not at all confident of promotion after these first few games. Things need to improve significantly or we’re heading for another season of disappointment.
Would be interesting to see the opposition xG against us as well.

Would be interesting to see the opposition xG against us as well.
Yup. I just remain concerned as it appears we’ve done nowt to alter the xG difference since it became obvious we had an issue last autumn. Neither through tactical changes nor transfers. Of course I’m happy with the wins. I’m just not confident that we’re doing anything sufficiently different this season to expect that the performances will do anything different to what they did last season. If you don’t address your issues you shouldn’t expect improvement.

Back