*~*~* Sunderland v Millwall match thread *~*~*

I didn't get why Gooch was under fire for his first half performance, he was better than most over a shaky start to the game. Neil was having an absolute mare but once again he dug in and without exactly shining he gradually hauled himself into the game.

His deficiencies have been clear for a while now, for all his gifts he needs to knuckle down and work hard to develop the skills required to succeed at the highest level.

I didn't get why Gooch was under fire for his first half performance, he was better than most over a shaky start to the game. Neil was having an absolute mare but once again he dug in and without exactly shining he gradually hauled himself into the game.

His deficiencies have been clear for a while now, for all his gifts he needs to knuckle down and work hard to develop the skills required to succeed at the highest level.
I've said the same thing. First 25 mins he wasn't great, but no one was, and loads were worse than gooch , yet for some reason Gooch is the first player that lots of people rush to slag off when the team arent playing well.

People are saying we played poorly. When a team wins 3-0 at home who remembers the performance?
Are they?
We were poor and dominated over by a physical Millwall side for 25 mins, but then we played really well. We made Millwall look really ordinary 2nd half - was a very comfortable victory in the end.
Is that thebfirst time Sunderland have won a match during the world cup?
Yes.
More importantly it's the first time this season we've won 2 in a row

Last edited:

Back