Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I know I’m being a fanny but the editing is doing my head in...

Cattermole coming off after the Celtic game getting a handshake from someone in an Errea trackie.
Scoring goals away from home and then cutting to a shot of fans celebrating in the SOL.
Travelling to a game on the train, then cutting to a shot clearly on a bus....

Aye this did my head in. Lots of day/night shots that seem all wrong too (Fulham at home), as well as winter/summer.

Good series, not great. Can't fault the intention but the execution was lacking when compared to how stuff like Hard Knocks was done in the NFL for example. You get a true glimpse of the players, the hard decisions, the conversations about whether someone is good or bad etc. Thought McGeady showed up well, as did Maja and Asoro unsurprisingly. Gibson is frustrating because there's probably a decent bloke in there but he's always on the pop.

Williams was good but you'd think he was Messi the eulogy he gets. Nice lad like.

Aye this did my head in. Lots of day/night shots that seem all wrong too (Fulham at home), as well as winter/summer.

Good series, not great. Can't fault the intention but the execution was lacking when compared to how stuff like Hard Knocks was done in the NFL for example. You get a true glimpse of the players, the hard decisions, the conversations about whether someone is good or bad etc. Thought McGeady showed up well, as did Maja and Asoro unsurprisingly. Gibson is frustrating because there's probably a decent bloke in there but he's always on the pop.

Williams was good but you'd think he was Messi the eulogy he gets. Nice lad like.

Disagree, think its absolutely brilliant TV.....The edits you are talking about are only noticed by you as you go to games, this was a series made for a worldwide audience not just Sunderland fans, its unreal.

Coleman clearly saw Grabban for what he was, a parasitic shithouse. However, he chopped his nose of to spite his face and we lost our only real chance of getting goals and ultimately, staying up (maybe).

Short may not have sold the club if we had stayed up mind

That wasn't the situation though was it. Bournemouth invoked their recall clause in order to sell him while we were never going to be a situation to buy. He also wanted to leave to go to club that wasn't struggling.

Was surprised there was absolutely no mention of him turning down moves to play football, after telling the club he just wanted to play football.

Just made out to be what he was, a mercenary arsehole who didnt give a shit....Laughing about not playing at the weekend, saying "no chance".....Putting that little clip on just after a particularly working class pair of fans are talking about him being a disgrace pretty much does the job. Hope he watches the series and is f***ing ashamed....Better still after seeing he wants to make his kids proud, this piece of film will be there online forever to show his kids what a shit house he really was/is.

Just made out to be what he was, a mercenary arsehole who didnt give a shit....Laughing about not playing at the weekend, saying "no chance".....Putting that little clip on just after a particularly working class pair of fans are talking about him being a disgrace pretty much does the job. Hope he watches the series and is f***ing ashamed....Better still after seeing he wants to make his kids proud, this piece of film will be there online forever to show his kids what a shit house he really was/is.

I’m glad they showed a bit of it like. I was expecting them to skirt around it. Just think him turning down moves (rather than declining to terminate contract) after saying all he wanted to do was play, would have been a much more powerful example of how much of a kernt he is and how playing football never even a thought in his mind, despite his words.

Learned a bit from that.

Bain deserved less stick than he got.
Grayson was clueless.
Coleman is a really nice lad but his walk didn't match the talk.
Grabban really is a twat.
Rodwell is a despicable absolute scumbag who deserves an early inoperable tumour in his neck.

Tears of pride in the fans, tears of sadness at the theme song and intro, massive optimism for the future under the new owners/manager.

Editing wise, I'm not anal enough to be bothered about it. Beautiful photography. This docuseries will win us many new fans all over the world.

Back