Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Personally a lovely chap great family. Goalkeeping ability I am not a big fan. Should be a 3rd choice goalkeeper at the club....We need another Goalkeeper in January my thoughts

He sort of is tbh, just Max on loan.

He's on more money that McLaughlin and for that reason we should sell him if we can and recall Strycek as cover.

I don’t see any scenario someone pays money for him, best possible scenario would be not having to pay any of his wages if he left.

Aye I'm not too sure what the crack is with the second season. Many saying it isn't certain it'll be on but surely if they're already filming it then a lot of the expense will have already been undertaken, don't see what they'd lose by releasing it. Hope they do release it, it'll be a great follow up and should have much more interesting footage with players and owners who are prepared to be open

I’d assume Netflix will have exclusive renewing rights for a set period, then if they don’t take those up, the next series will be sold to another streaming or TV network.

Happens all the time in the US that Tv series switch networks, and as you say highly unlikely fulwell73 won’t put this series out after going through the expense of filming.

Sad fact is i know deep down im going to have to watch the whole thing again now cos I binged it last weekend.
So pretty soon I'll have lived through that relegation three times :lol:
I’m resisting the temptation until I know for certain how this season turns out

Just finished it.

Not bad like but more of a fancy season review rather than a gorey look behind the scenes, doesn't reveal much apart from us being shite.

Just finished it. Big fan of the series. Very good camera work, and the match day scenes were intense and well produced.
  • Coleman got dealt a shit hand. Not completely blameless, but I don't blame him that much for the situation
  • Rodwell is a joke, I'll avoid much else to avoid getting banned from here
  • The support staff (cooks, ticket staff, administrative staff, etc.) all looked incredibly caring and nice
  • Goalkeepers were just freaking awful, almost unbelievable how bad they were
  • Good riddance Darron Gibson
  • Felt they shoehorned the Northeast England poverty/fall from grace a bit too much, felt forced at times
  • Loved the scenes from transfer day, and Bain's reaction to Rodwell staying lol
Can't wait for season two.

Up to the fifth one, I’ve got a bad feeling abou this...

Some players come out of really well so far, good people just doing their best. Which sadly was a million miles away from what we needed at times

Another thing I took from it was how bad the loan system can go wrong at times

We had too many players arriving late in windows for 6 month spells or whatever who couldn't possibly be totally invested

I think the not trying think gets overplayed on here, its just structure and organisation. I feel slightly for JOS and Cattermole in it, they must think here we go again, more randoms in.

Impossible to get a team spirit or structure going

Think if I was to change anything (and obviously I'm just sat at home and they're professionals) I'd start with footage of Bournemouth relegating us like in the trailer. Then have a narrator or talking head explaining that we'd spent the last 5 years fighting relegation and Moyes and Short had sucked the life out of everyone.

Just seems a bit mental how everyone seems so positive at the start then we lose one pre season game and all hell breaks loose.
They could have used clips from the BBC Newcastle phone ins.

Finished it now and being honest, just like the season itself I need a bit of time to digest it. First impressions are mixed.

Cinematography was great and (despite the seats) made the stadium, the area and our facilities look awesome.

The real stars are the normal folk, the employees, actually think with a behind the scenes series they should have played a bigger part.

A few players came across very well, Honeyman showed why he has been given captaincy and deserves our support. Williams was quite emotional and watching it back it felt like his injuries played a massive part in our failure, probably not totally true but...

Bain loves the camera and his parts felt too rehearsed and staged. Yes he was up against it but he failed miserably in so many areas I can’t have much sympathy for him.

Grayson came across pretty amateur and given the squad issues we had he was the wrong man for the job, far too big for him. Coleman came across well however and had his hands further tied in January despite losing key players. Still we know he became tactically erratic so still shoulders some blame for me.

All in all a good and fair reflection on the season just felt it glossed over some of the real dramas.

Portrayed the area and the fans (mostly) very well, the club as skint..short AWOL..Bain hatchet man...Grayson out of his depth...Coleman hands tied...the team seemed clueless at organising themselves and off the pace..I could go on, btw hate the opening song but each too his own

Portrayed the area and the fans (mostly) very well, the club as skint..short AWOL..Bain hatchet man...Grayson out of his depth...Coleman hands tied...the team seemed clueless at organising themselves and off the pace..I could go on, btw hate the opening song but each too his own

The song fits the series well IMO

Back