Sunderland 'Til I Die - Poll added

Have you watched it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I actually thought the series was kind to him. Anybody unaware of the situation wouldn’t have realised the severity of it.
Considering it was made by Sunderland fans ( I think ) they could have really hammered him.

Found that part of it strange, I would have crucified him on it.

Getting towards the end of it now. As others have said it’s amazing how many matches seem to be erased from the memory, couldn’t tell you one thing that happened in some of them especially the home matches from about February/March onwards. They all just seem to blend into one shit show.

What I do remember from at the time rather than things that happened in the matches, is the constant feeling of blowing yet another lifeline at home deemed ‘our last chance’ immeditaly following a half positive result away. The blind hope and optimism in the pub pre match that surely this time we’ll capitalise, that always turned out being deflated as fuck again post match saying we’ve had it now. Barnsley home after Forest away, Brentford at home after Bristol City away, Villa at home after Millwall away and of course the worst of all Sheff Wed at home after Derby away spring to mind.

Just saw the bit where Grabban is being a smarmy little cunt about scoring against us for Villa, what a wanker he comes across as in his cameos in this.

Getting towards the end of it now. As others have said it’s amazing how many matches seem to be erased from the memory, couldn’t tell you one thing that happened in some of them especially the home matches from about February/March onwards. They all just seem to blend into one shit show.

What I do remember from at the time rather than things that happened in the matches, is the constant feeling of blowing yet another lifeline at home deemed ‘our last chance’ immeditaly following a half positive result away. The blind hope and optimism in the pub pre match that surely this time we’ll capitalise, that always turned out being deflated as fuck again post match saying we’ve had it now. Barnsley home after Forest away, Brentford at home after Bristol City away, Villa at home after Millwall away and of course the worst of all Sheff Wed at home after Derby away spring to mind.

Just saw the bit where Grabban is being a smarmy little cunt about scoring against us for Villa, what a wanker he comes across as in his cameos in this.

Was very similar to the relegation year when mcmenemy sent us towards div 3. Loads of lifelines squandered. Almost like it was fated, as was this year. Hopefully short term pain for long term gain.

I actually thought the series was kind to him. Anybody unaware of the situation wouldn’t have realised the severity of it.
Considering it was made by Sunderland fans ( I think ) they could have really hammered him.

He rejected 2 moves away to play football in Jan. Showing that would have made him look like much more of a tosser than just saying he declined to terminate his contract. Nobody would really expect him to do that, but decline playing football after telling Bain it was about playing football is inexcusable.

Back