Sunderland Restaurant Week

Church lane is the pick of the bunch ,Shame the beers shite
Went for the first time at the weekend.

Everything is excellent apart from the burger patties themselves. Not the best quality. Was expecting something more like Fat Hippo quality bearing in mind it is effectively a burger restaurant.

The chicken was good mind and the sauces and sides all excellent.

Some decent offers (I've now got vouchers from The Engine Room, The Ivy House, Gatsby's & Chaplins) but that website is a shocker.

And frustratingly, some of the venues don't have menus or details of their offer.

This will be because it’s a one off offer or that the menu changes over the week, like the city bistro has a new menu each day but offer two or three courses for the set price.

Some decent offers (I've now got vouchers from The Engine Room, The Ivy House, Gatsby's & Chaplins) but that website is a shocker.

And frustratingly, some of the venues don't have menus or details of their offer.
A mixed bunch of eateries there mind. I look forward to hearing your reviews.

It's a disgrace that on the offer alone that doesn't cover every restaurant there is only the choice of Italian, Chinese, Thai, Turkish, Indian, Spanish, Mexican, Egyptian, Burgers, Steaks etc.

So only the best part of a dozen choices for starters :)

You can have a main course too if you like, it's probably the concept behind restaurant week.

What were you fancying like?
A bit more choice at a guess?

Some decent places on there but there’s also a load of places, mainly pubs and cafes on there that I wouldn’t even consider. That’s not to say others wouldn’t enjoy eating in these places. Surprised Miller and Carter aren’t included. They usually take part in the Newcastle weeks.

Some decent places on there but there’s also a load of places, mainly pubs and cafes on there that I wouldn’t even consider. That’s not to say others wouldn’t enjoy eating in these places. Surprised Miller and Carter aren’t included. They usually take part in the Newcastle weeks.
There's decent choice there imo tho. Sunderland isn't a very big town centre.

Any thoughts on our night out? X

The Royale Thai place says their deal is for September? Is this a mistake, does anyone know? Fancy trying it.

Back