Sunderland Pubs

Looks like I'm taking my 10 yr old nephew to his first football match this Saturday.

Any recommendations where we should go for a drink before hand. Normally I drive so it's to the match and home, or occasionally one in the Isis before the game. But we're going to have an hour or two to kill as we're going by train.

Where's best for a beer between bus station and ground with a young'un. I can't say I know the town's pubs well!

Fanzone at the stadium of light. He can play on PlayStation's, see how hard he can kick it, meet current and ex players, you can have a pint. It's ideal for dads taking their kids. Every home game now me and my 7yr old go to override in South Shields, swimming at the aquatic centre then the fanzone before the match, it's a full day of fun, we love it .

Looks like I'm taking my 10 yr old nephew to his first football match this Saturday.

Any recommendations where we should go for a drink before hand. Normally I drive so it's to the match and home, or occasionally one in the Isis before the game. But we're going to have an hour or two to kill as we're going by train.

Where's best for a beer between bus station and ground with a young'un. I can't say I know the town's pubs well!
Sinatra’s .

Good pre-Match atmosphere,barmaids are easy on the eye and the Fosters is on-point .

The fans museum is meant to be decent. I've not been but me brother has, took the bairn. Maximus on at 3 quid a pint anarl, if you fancy getting merry.

Fans museum.

This all day. Lets face it theres nowt in most pubs for young un but there certainly is here.

Combination of meal/museum/deaf club/fanzone for mine. Loves it.

I could never order a fosters in a pub. Ever.

For a lady maybe?

I could never order a fosters in a pub. Ever.
I understand your thoughts mate .Its shocking 99% of the time in most pubs but the likes of Sinatra’s ,gunners club,Railway tavern have it absolutely bang on and it’s a cracking pint .
I would never order it myself in a random pub,I’d take the safeish bet like Stella .

This all day. Lets face it theres nowt in most pubs for young un but there certainly is here.

Combination of meal/museum/deaf club/fanzone for mine. Loves it.

Sounds spot on! It's the lads first football match and he's really excited. His dad's an armchair fan who I managed to drag to the Peterborough game and is coming back so I'm hoping this will be a regular thing.

How times change. My first game consisted of freezing to death at Roker Park

Sounds spot on! It's the lads first football match and he's really excited. His dad's an armchair fan who I managed to drag to the Peterborough game and is coming back so I'm hoping this will be a regular thing.

How times change. My first game consisted of freezing to death at Roker Park

Sloans is good for pool too with meals a pound (honestly).

Fanzone at the stadium of light. He can play on PlayStation's, see how hard he can kick it, meet current and ex players, you can have a pint. It's ideal for dads taking their kids. Every home game now me and my 7yr old go to override in South Shields, swimming at the aquatic centre then the fanzone before the match, it's a full day of fun, we love it .
Wish my dad did things like this with me when I was younger. Well done mate.

Back