Sunderland People

Shirem:lol::lol:r

Newcastle should be compared to the likes of Manchester and Liverpool given what it is and the investment it has had. It comes third in that list.
Wave the white flag for Sunderland.Tip your hat at the same time.

Parked up at the bottom of Roker Avenue, walked along the river to southwick and back, nice walk with a lot of reminders of our industrial past, the city centre is a bit shit but there is more to the place than that, great beach/seafront and some great parks to walk in, and I have been to a lot more worse places.
thats a beautiful walk ,if Sunderland was an affluent area with a larger population that area could be fantastic with restaurants and bars along by the river etc.

Wave the white flag for Sunderland.Tip your hat at the same time.

Just been for a stroll along the sea front. Beautiful. Feel sorry for the Newcastle lot who can't do that :(
You're right but I reckon it happens everywhere. Loads of miserable buggers.

More in Sunderland I'd say. Anything new is written off or criticised.

Last edited:
Having our expectations kept down by government and having them shitheads up the road sneering at us since the civil war hasn't helped. Football and local economy's seem to largely go hand in hand look at the London clubs, also countless people that Iv'e known from way back left Sunderland never to return as they knew it would never get any better.
[/QUOTE]
Newcastle is very good at hyping itself via it's residents and media..Sunderland is not.
Imagine if Newcastle had a beach and coastline like Sunderland does .
It would be renamed Newcastle by the Sea.."the shimmering jewel of the North Easts crown".Beach shacks would appear in the summer selling drinks and food ( a la Tynemouth), with those being the Friday and Saturday night places to visit..Acoustic bands playing as well.I know many that would love a " scene" like that.
Sunderland dosnt sell itself very well..yet there can't be many cities on a coastline like Sunderland, ( by the Sea ?..at least adding that would allow the rest of the country to have a stab at where it is ,whilst marketing the City as something our dearest neighbours don't have close to the centre).
The front in my opinion is slowly improving but it and the city need to be marketed better and loved by those who frequent it.
A bit of forward thinking and Sunderland could be a wonderful place.

God these threads are boring. The first few times you get involved but then you just think nothing changes so waste of time moaning. Either move if you think it’s shit or stop moaning if you won’t do something about it.

Having our expectations kept down by government and having them shitheads up the road sneering at us since the civil war hasn't helped. Football and local economy's seem to largely go hand in hand look at the London clubs, also countless people that Iv'e known from way back left Sunderland never to return as they knew it would never get any better.
Newcastle is very good at hyping itself via it's residents and media..Sunderland is not.
Imagine if Newcastle had a beach and coastline like Sunderland does .
It would be renamed Newcastle by the Sea.."the shimmering jewel of the North Easts crown".Beach shacks would appear in the summer selling drinks and food ( a la Tynemouth), with those being the Friday and Saturday night places to visit..Acoustic bands playing as well.I know many that would love a " scene" like that.
Sunderland dosnt sell itself very well..yet there can't be many cities on a coastline like Sunderland, ( by the Sea ?..at least adding that would allow the rest of the country to have a stab at where it is ,whilst marketing the City as something our dearest neighbours don't have close to the centre).
The front in my opinion is slowly improving but it and the city need to be marketed better and loved by those who frequent it.
A bit of forward thinking and Sunderland could be a wonderful place.
[/QUOTE]
A lot of people from around the UK don't even know Sunderland has a beach.

The biggest problem the City has is the people. The negativity at times is like a cancer.
Incorrect.The biggest problem the City has is the complacent and failing Labour council and mp s who continue to be voted in despite a totally underwhelming and ruinous track record.

Shirem:lol::lol:r

Newcastle should be compared to the likes of Manchester and Liverpool given what it is and the investment it has had. It comes third in that list.

It’s a bit boring but from an investment perspective you’ve got to say look at this report to show how far behind the north east is.
http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/~/m...931.53498657.1574198097-1691685238.1574198097

Newcastle over £5 sq ft cheaper than Leeds over 18% differential. Newcastle equivalent to Cardiff.

Back