Sunderland named as country's most diverse university by The Times

I can't access the article, but isn't it saying it's the most socially inclusive as in accepts most students from disadvantaged backgrounds, not most ethnically diverse. Doubt its the most ethnically diverse.

Is it too late to apply?

I am sure that grumpy, old, perverted, slightly racist Buddhists are under represented.
Especially the LGBTQ+ ones. :)
Quite a number of non-London Uni's have campuses in London now

These campuses started out as business studies providers and similar, to meet demand for people working in the "city". However, many of these campuses are now expanding to cover a substantial range of subjects.
Sunderland at last count had the largest number of students in London at 2,484.

Last edited:
Especially the LGBTQ+ ones. :)

These campuses started out as business studies providers and similar, to meet demand for people working in the "city". However, many of these campuses are now expanding to cover a substantial range of subjects.
Sunderland at last count had the largest number of students in London at 2,484.

From the Unis perspective they’re there to attract students who way wish to study at the uni but don’t want to live in the location it’s based. And to attract overseas students who want to live in the capital.

I’m pretty sure Coventry will be the biggest non London uni in London now but I’d have to check for sure.

From the Unis perspective they’re there to attract students who way wish to study at the uni but don’t want to live in the location it’s based. And to attract overseas students who want to live in the capital.

I’m pretty sure Coventry will be the biggest non London uni in London now but I’d have to check for sure.
There's not much to call, but Sunderland has slightly more students.

Coventry 831
Glynde 2008
Sunderland 2328

They are student numbers from the link I posted.

Sunderland have the largest numbers in London of the outside Universities.

Last edited:

Back