Sunderland man's anger as seafront bid rejected

The fact that he wanted a 2 year break clause would probably have been the deal breaker, particularly if others haven’t required that - saying that some of the other bidders may not have been as quite clued up. The other problem is that presumably everyone would think their idea is the best and we haven’t seen the alternatives yet.

With the greatest respect Luma was ok but nothing particularly great.
[/QUOTLuma
Luma , instantly forgettable pub , certainly cant remember q's round the block

Scooters, cheap ice cream and bike tests? Why ambassador you are spoiling us...

I thought he was opening some sort of champagne bar or posh nosh takeaway.

The problem down there is that it's bloody freezing 80% of the year so your only catering for a few sunny weekends a year.
It's not like. More like 50%.

Used to enjoy those frozen pints that luma did mind.
Was just talking to me mate about that when I sent him the link to the echo article. We couldn't remember the brand though????

We'd popped in for one of those after uni and ended up not being able to walk. And I was supposed to be going for a meal for me Dads birthday.

Was just talking to me mate about that when I sent him the link to the echo article. We couldn't remember the brand though????

We'd popped in for one of those after uni and ended up not being able to walk. And I was supposed to be going for a meal for me Dads birthday.
Can’t remember brand neither. Just that the glass used to spin which it froze.
@Bob Fleming was called ARC. Just did a google.

Last edited:

Was coors wasn’t it? Used to take 5 minutes to pour a pint

The fact that he wanted a 2 year break clause would probably have been the deal breaker, particularly if others haven’t required that - saying that some of the other bidders may not have been as quite clued up. The other problem is that presumably everyone would think their idea is the best and we haven’t seen the alternatives yet.

With the greatest respect Luma was ok but nothing particularly great.
Which one was luma again?

what would the premise on the seafront become if its been refused permission?

Is it better to have some business rates coming in than nothing? Even for the short term?

Is it better to have the property occupied than empty....encourage commerce etc?

Back