BBC Sunderland: Jack Ross on Netflix, promotion & his legacy

RTG

Robot
Staff member
From BBC Sport.

BBC Scotland speaks to Sunderland manager Jack Ross after 12 months in the north east about Netflix, promotion and his legacy.

more...

"Legacy" ? Not being rude but the guy is only 43 and has been in football management for four years. (I accept that it's probably not a word that he used).

Ross needs to start earning his corn pretty quickly or he’ll be out the door.

He talked post match at Ipswich about some players not taking the chance to hold down a first team jersey. Flanagan and Hume are the obvious candidates but let’s face it they aren’t the only contenders.

Ozturk for Flanagan seems a must and we’ll hopefully get a left back in to allow Hume to be taken out of the firing line.

Baldwin seems to have completely disappeared- he must be getting touted about surely. I’d like to see another physical centre half come in and at least one attacking player/winger with genuine pace.

This seems like such an obvious change, Ozturk was excellent when he came in at the end of last season but for whenever reason has been binned again by Ross.

Another one many strange decisions.

Ozturk, apart from a couple of games, was just a terrible as Flanagan. And Baldwin was the biggest disaster of the first half of last season. I think we need to rack through our short term memory boxes and pull out the truths from last season and stop rewriting history. They were all equally as piss poor, indeed it was pretty much unanimously agreed on here that Flanagan was the best of a bad bunch. I’m not defending him or saying that he’s anything special, but I do believe he’s less crap than the other options we have and we should be careful what we wish for

This seems like such an obvious change, Ozturk was excellent when he came in at the end of last season but for whenever reason has been binned again by Ross.

Another one many strange decisions.

I'd argue he's more suited to a two at the back rather than three. He just doesn't have enough mobility or pace to play left of the three and none of the fuckers are left footed which just compounds their weaknesses. Beggars belief that you'd set such a system up without the personnel to execute it effectively.

Back