Sunderland in the Cup Final April 19th

Our lasses are in the final of the FAWNL cup against Stoke on April 19th.

Brilliant achievement that deserves a thread of it's own. Well done lasses :cool:

I've got me hotel booked already. 😎

Had to dig deep today but saw it through. I wonder if playing on Thursday meant we were struggling physically later on in today's game? Didn't matter in the end though.

I did think it'd be a test today despite Southampton being a level below. I think they've got more of a link up with the men's team and all the facilities and perks that brings. Wouldn't surprise me if they went straight through the 3rd tier next season.

Had to dig deep today but saw it through. I wonder if playing on Thursday meant we were struggling physically later on in today's game? Didn't matter in the end though.

I did think it'd be a test today despite Southampton being a level below. I think they've got more of a link up with the men's team and all the facilities and perks that brings. Wouldn't surprise me if they went straight through the 3rd tier next season.
Is this competition a level that the likes of Man City and arsenal ladies play?
It's not at Stoke, will be a neutral venue. It's against Stoke, but venue not announced yet.
It won't be Wembley, even the Woman's League Cup final isn't held there. Last year's final was played at Burton.
Play at the sol, would get a double figure crowd imo

It's not at Stoke, will be a neutral venue. It's against Stoke, but venue not announced yet.
It won't be Wembley, even the Woman's League Cup final isn't held there. Last year's final was played at Burton.
It would make sense for it to be played at somewhere central to both teams. That being the case, I fully expect The FA to allocate the Bet365 Stadium.

They seemed to make it tougher for themselves, but Thursday won't have helped. They were only able to train once last week because of the game.
We were weak down the right side, and Southampton seemed to make the most of it, but a sold performance at the back from Pottsy and Grace was just about enough to keep them at bay.

Burton would be a great venue for it from our point of view as the men play there the day before. We nearly always stay over so would already be there for the final on the Sunday.

Failing that the academy stadium at Manchester City would be canny (I haven't been and would like to go).

Back