Sunderland in the Cup Final April 19th

I was impressed with Southampton today. They were a big team and very well organised. I don't know if they had had us watched as well but their tactics were good and seemed set up to stop us doing what we normally do. Our girls were not quite at their normal level and maybe three tough games on a heavy pitch this last week took its toll.

That considered it was a very good win today.

We will be huge faourites for the final. Stoke drew with Huddersfield today in the league and are now 12 points behind us in the league having both played 11 matches, so we are picking up more than 1 point extra per game than they are.

I was impressed with Southampton today. They were a big team and very well organised. I don't know if they had had us watched as well but their tactics were good and seemed set up to stop us doing what we normally do. Our girls were not quite at their normal level and maybe three tough games on a heavy pitch this last week took its toll.

We will be huge faourites for the final. Stoke drew with Huddersfield today in the league and are now 12 points behind us in the league having both played 11 matches, so we are picking up more than 1 point extra per game than they are.
Thought their No. 9 was very good, she worked her socks off.

As they are not professionals and one of their recent matches was against a top tier (fully professional) side that is indeed a very heavy load. Should be at least one episode of STID devoted to the lasses and their accomplishments over the years.

Back