Sunderland Illuminations

Park and ride from St Mary's.

Or last year we got there just before dusk and parked in Marine Walk. Let the dogs have a run around and a paddle on the beach while we waited for it to get dark.

Park down marine walk, then walk along and in from under the roker park footbridge.

Well that’s what we found was easiest last year. Get there earlier and pop into Downey’s for tea until it gets dark.

Probably not going to be able to get there until about 6pm at the earliest so will there still be spaces? Looked at the website and it says parking at marine walk is limited

Last couple of years I've parked up on Harbour View and walked in, not sure if this is still possible with the park and ride in place, anyone from over that way confirm?

Park and ride from St Mary's.

Or last year we got there just before dusk and parked in Marine Walk. Let the dogs have a run around and a paddle on the beach while we waited for it to get dark.

Looks like it's reluctantly gonna be a park and ride then.

Newcastle.
Getting the metro is not an option.
Will I be able to park in Morrisons or next to it or will it likely be full?

what this bloke says below. (A183)

Last couple of years I've parked up on Harbour View and walked in, not sure if this is still possible with the park and ride in place, anyone from over that way confirm?

still an option, the road closures don't start until you try to turn off the dame Dorothy/harbour view road

Back