Sunderland Hospital

I owe a lot to Mr Nanu, he operated on both of my legs. The damage I done means I can’t really play sport to the level i had potential for, however i can walk and that’s thanks to him.
Best of luck with the hip replacement.

He did my knee, luckily I only partially ruptured my posterior cruciate but he also sorted the torn cartilage out.

We were parking on Kayll Road or the little side streets off there when me Mam was in a while ago. Another place to park is near Clanny House where the cottage streets are as they're none permit restrictions.

Parking is ridiculous, got here about half one for a 2pm appointment, drove round for a hour, only space I found was on double yellow lines, fine incoming nee doubt, wankers
You’ve seen nowt until you seen Durham hospital yesterday at 2pm. Queues a mile long and they were never going to get in. Good job one knows someone who works there.

Parking is ridiculous, got here about half one for a 2pm appointment, drove round for a hour, only space I found was on double yellow lines, fine incoming nee doubt, wankers

Similar thing happened to me a couple of months ago (I started a thread on here about getting a parking ticket, which not surprisingly I unsuccessfully appealed against).

Hopefully you've got away with it, as I actually had a ticket clagged to my windscreen, rather than receiving the details through the post.

Cheaper than the Freeman currently £40 a month. Plenty of spaces at 6am or 7pm other than that it's money wasted!
Two things the Trusts should look at is parking and patient transport, wouldn't want to be the one trying though. Curing cancer may be easier!
That is mental! £40!

I work at the QE in Gateshead and pay £17.50 a month for parking. Happy to do it but I'm a firm believer that nobody should have to pay to park at work, especially when I'm not guaranteed a space. It's also ridiculous patients have to pay for parking too.

NHS need to seriously look at the state of parking across almost every site. It's tragic.

do you use the car park near the school with the bus link ?

that always seems busy when I go past.

She's 30. They seem to be delaying giving her a hip replacement. Steroid injections is what they are doing with her at the moment twice a year. She's had a few operations as well in the last 7-10 years. Hip bursitis along with a couple of other complications. Keep in touch and let me know how you get on but interesting to note your age in terms of the fact you've have had/having replacement.

My lass is with De Kiewiet. She was born with bilateral hip displacia which was picked up too late for the pavlic harness, and she's 32 now. Hence she keeps getting the hip preservation surgery. She's just had a periacetabularosteotomy operation on December 9th because the injections stopped working (which is how I ended up with the parking fine mentioned above). I've been effectively a full time carer for her since but hopefully the that's her for a few years. De Kiewiet won't do the hip replacement until she's older.

To anyone interested. Nhs do a free park and ride from the stadium of light and Homebase.

That’s a free park and ride. Free.
Didn't know that. Is there a timetable available
To anyone interested. Nhs do a free park and ride from the stadium of light and Homebase.

That’s a free park and ride. Free.
Just checked and when I went to check timetable it comes up page not found. The link that comes up is from 2013 mind . Do you know if it still runs marra?

My late husband was in and out of Dryburn last autumn at one time we had two cars in the car park as he’d been admitted while I was at work, we must have paid a fortune in car park fees 😔
I've never looked into it but don't they do some sort of deal for long term parking? I have been the in patient in most cases so didn't have to worry about it.

Sorry for your loss.

Back