Sunderland Hospital

houst69

Striker
Parking is ridiculous, got here about half one for a 2pm appointment, drove round for a hour, only space I found was on double yellow lines, fine incoming nee doubt, wankers

Parking is ridiculous, got here about half one for a 2pm appointment, drove round for a hour, only space I found was on double yellow lines, fine incoming nee doubt, wankers

Park next to the GUM clinic. There’s somewhat of a stigma parking near there and the last area to fill up.

It is beyond a joke now. Even appointments outside of visiting hours are impossible to find a space now. Had to take one of my kids to A&E a few months ago and couldn’t get parked. Left it in the 20 minute bay to take him in and was told I would have to move my car, so had to leave him there whilst I found a space. Bit ridiculous really.

I work at the QE in Gateshead and pay £17.50 a month for parking. Happy to do it but I'm a firm believer that nobody should have to pay to park at work, especially when I'm not guaranteed a space. It's also ridiculous patients have to pay for parking too.

NHS need to seriously look at the state of parking across almost every site. It's tragic.

I work at the QE in Gateshead and pay £17.50 a month for parking. Happy to do it but I'm a firm believer that nobody should have to pay to park at work, especially when I'm not guaranteed a space. It's also ridiculous patients have to pay for parking too.

NHS need to seriously look at the state of parking across almost every site. It's tragic.

As an initiative to get people out of their cars it works though. If I didn’t have to pay to park at work, it would almost make it economic for me to drive. I use public transport

I was gonna say get a long term disability because it's worth it for the free parking, but you struggle to find any empty disabled bays at Sunderland Royal as well.

Hope your appointment goes well.

Back