Sunderland gentoo

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Fletch, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Fletch

Fletch Striker

bbc1 730 , about dodgy financial payments within Sland gentoo ?

2. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Gentoo corruption, social services ineptitude, gagging orders and allegations of corruption in the council. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in some shady mafia- run former satelite state of the USSR.

3. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

Giving a million to the deputy boss when he resigned does sound a bit dodgy, like.

As does doing 400,000 worth of work on his Durham (note, Durham, not Sunderland) house for free.

4. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Didn't Peter Walls get a massive pay off too?

5. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

Well done ex Sunlun Council

moshpit, Nipple Salad and ighty seven like this.
  6. AlpineExile

AlpineExile Striker

Who he?

7. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Former head of Sunderland housing- founder ceo.

8. EchoMan

EchoMan Winger

And all because it's more efficient to contact out services to the private sector.

daveyc likes this.
  9. MackemMafia

chopperrus, saltgrass and daedalus like this.
  10. Chocolate Fireguard

Chocolate Fireguard Central Defender

They did get to buy Sunderland council's entire housing stock for basically a year's rental income. If they'd opened it up to competitive bidding instead of handing it over to a bunch of ex-council people in a fait accompli I'm sure they could have made more money for the council than that. There definitely would have been one or two higher bids like. Plenty of people would have agreed to maintain at least the standards/rents that Gentoo signed up to and would have offered more than a few thousand a property.

RichD likes this.
  11. itscoldinhere

itscoldinhere Winger

7 grand per house I think I read somewhere

12. Botchie

Botchie Winger

Another example of privatisation being corrupt and driving prices up.

13. Chocolate Fireguard

Chocolate Fireguard Central Defender

As much as that?

14. itscoldinhere

itscoldinhere Winger

Must be just a little bit at the end

15. Exactly. A miniature Carillon in the making, dodgy as hell

You watching the wrong programme ? It's been on

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  16. itscoldinhere

itscoldinhere Winger

BBC 1 ?
    I’m sitting watching it?
    Must of been on when I went in the kitchen

17. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Central Defender

Tbf mate, the gagging order stuff is just Facebook bullshit.

18. daedalus

daedalus Winger

Been all over the press, about millions paid out to former employees. Isn't there some report about to be published?

19. artful splodger

artful splodger Central Defender

Having worked for Gentoo's forerunner the PWD for 10 yrs early 80's onwards, everyone from top to bottom was on the fiddle, corruption was indemic, when I started one of directors had been clinked & another left the UK for Saudi to escape prosecution, basically running a construction company with council labour , materials & plant. My gaffer at the time was involved but kept a book on what went on & when the shit hits the fan he grassed the lot & kept his job. The dodgy building jobs still kept going afterwards & Jimmy kept note in his book. I'm no loopy Len fan club member, but it's been rife at the council for years & it's just passed its way through to Gentoo, big pay offs & backhanders. Feel sorry for the tenants, suckered again by false promises & rising rents.

20. Fletch

Fletch Striker

3900 council houses demolished and only 1600 built ?!! One high councillor relative had contract for much of the demolition .. hmmmm

artful splodger likes this.