Sunderland - garden waste collections

Sounds logical, but that argument doesn't really hold up across the full gamut of council services, even with what you might call non-essential ones like this.
I pay towards services I don't use so it should be swings and roundabouts. It makes it a bit annoying having to pay extra for those I do use when I don't get a discount for the ones I don't.
I didn't mind the charge when it was first introduced but the original fee has increased a fair bit.

roaring bellend.

Its tremendous that man. Everything goes in. Nee f***ing about separating stuff, and its emptied 365 days a year. Any garden waste or large items, get put beside the bin and its gone within 24hrs.

I'm surprised it took so long to blame the Tories mind. This place is slipping. :lol:
FFS Viz, imagine that system here? Bins getting launched down the bank every night, and people dumping anything and everything next to them .be uproar 😀

Still free over here in Carlisle for now. Tried to bring it in a couple of years back but the labour council administration bottled it. Now under Tory, I think it'll happen next couple of yrs.

My one gripe is that no matter when in the year you join the scheme the cost is still the same. Other than that it's not really owt worth moaning about tbh. Saves me having to go to the dump every other Sunday.

FFS Viz, imagine that system here? Bins getting launched down the bank every night, and people dumping anything and everything next to them .be uproar 😀
Was only thinking about some entertainment for the chavs. Beats them going round stabbing people.
My one gripe is that no matter when in the year you join the scheme the cost is still the same. Other than that it's not really owt worth moaning about tbh. Saves me having to go to the dump every other Sunday.
Used to love garn to the tip me. :lol:

Last edited:
Why does council tax go off the the value of your house when your all getting the same services ????

Cos they tried charging folk the same & it ended in riots in the streets which caused a prime minister to lose their job. So it seems folk are generally more content with a more progressive way of local taxation given there hasn't been any protests about it.

Cos they tried charging folk the same & it ended in riots in the streets which caused a prime minister to lose their job. So it seems folk are generally more content with a more progressive way of local taxation given there hasn't been any protests about it.
Not fair really tho is it, it’s like one person having to pay 50 quid for a loaf of bread because they earn more

I've got three kids in the house, (one in nappies) and two lawns, grass all fits in general waste easy. Why anyone pays for it, more money than sense
Why does council tax go off the the value of your house when your all getting the same services ????
I bet that in fact poor people use services more.

Last edited:

Back