RAWA Sunderland Foodbank

Loonie speaking... I suppose. Typical point scoring by someone with a view to force down everyone's throats imo.

This is bollox, they've always been there, irrespective of politics, but now can harness social media and t'Interweb to give them much more visibility- and joint firepower as it were..

Which is great news.

I think you'll find they are most usually in the places that have run them in ages past- churches...
I worked in the CAB in the early 80s and as well as there Thorney Close, Eastend, Pennywell SNAP plus a few others ! there was also assistance from church groups given to people in need, however up to late 80s vouchers and food parcels were still comparatively rare only claimed and granted for real priority needs.
In the last 15 years the national disgrace that forces many to go cap in hand for basic food items has grown massively with a lot of people using the banks being poorly paid partime zero hours hostages to poverty.
If you’re lucky enough never to use a food bank, count your blessings, if you know anyone who has to use one none do so easily!
People/ families are getting destroyed by this austerity and this food bank has my full support and best wishes.

Loonie speaking... I suppose. Typical point scoring by someone with a view to force down everyone's throats imo.

This is bollox, they've always been there, irrespective of politics, but now can harness social media and t'Interweb to give them much more visibility- and joint firepower as it were..

Which is great news.

I think you'll find they are most usually in the places that have run them in ages past- churches...
Well you are correct about one thing... your opening two words. ;)

Back