Sunderland Echo website

The things bloody unusable these days. Not sure what they’re playing at with random adverts and redirection pop ups which stop you from reading any articles. It’s almost like it’s been hacked. Awful!
Horrendous, it's there to show other companies how to run a amatuerish website..

All news is on the various boards on here, before or barely after the echo

Especially traffic problems

Articles spread over multiple pages is absolutely horrific like. It’s supposed to be a professional newspaper not a generic click bait site.
It’s the same with most local newspapers tbf. Both the Portsmouth and Southampton locals are terrible too. They need the advertising revenue to survive. People won’t subscribe to papers and want free news.

The Football App was the best way to get the news for a couple of years, but that stopped working a month or so ago. I don’t bother any more with the Echo, just get my info off here, but take it with a very large pinch of salt.

The things bloody unusable these days. Not sure what they’re playing at with random adverts and redirection pop ups which stop you from reading any articles. It’s almost like it’s been hacked. Awful!

It’s been like that for years. It is a superb example of how to drive your readership away.

A lot of online newspapers are like that these days. I’m thinking of going back to good night old paper, it’s less infuriating.

Controversial choice really to beg people to turn their adblocker off to help them pay the bills and also make the site completely f***ing unusable if you do so.

Back