Sunderland Echo cock up re: Arca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Bannister?
:lol::lol::lol:

JUST?! If I made a mistake at work my Team Leader would have words with me!

You make mistakes in Secondary School in class or at home not a major North East newspaper! Making a mistake is putting the wrong amount of an ingredient in a cake mix not writing about some sex offender and then placing it above a football player! These a professional reporters who I assume have some experience or training in press reporting. They need to pay more attention to what they are doing.
Do they get their reporters to do their tweeting? I thought it would be some admin junior type.

What about these free papers like The Metro which isn't as big as say the Sunderland Echo or Evening Chronicle (hard to think one of the hottest English strikers began low down at Aldershot), or stuff at school?

I used to edit a newsletter for South Shields Harriers & AC till about June 2015 when I had to quit to start work with NAC Outsourcing. I did well over 50 issues ever month till that time.

did you ever mistakenly accuse anyone of being a handrail nonce?

What about these free papers like The Metro which isn't as big as say the Sunderland Echo or Evening Chronicle (hard to think one of the hottest English strikers began low down at Aldershot), or stuff at school?

I used to edit a newsletter for South Shields Harriers & AC till about June 2015 when I had to quit to start work with NAC Outsourcing. I did well over 50 issues ever month till that time.

That little Metro newspaper with a daily readership of over 3m compared to the Echo's 15k.

Edit: Didn't realise who I was replying to :lol:

Last edited:

It's the biggest-read paper in the UK...

That little Metro newspaper with a daily readership of over 3m compared to the Echo's 15k.

Yes well, I don't read newspapers and even if I did that is hardly something that is common knowledge unless you went out of your way to sit down at a PC to Google which takes only the saddest of sad geeks with no life and an unhealthy interest in numbers.

Oh wait..I have just realized who I am replying to.:rolleyes:

Yes well, I don't read newspapers and even if I did that is hardly something that is common knowledge unless you went out of your way to sit down at a PC to Google which takes only the saddest of sad geeks with no life and an unhealthy interest in numbers.

Oh wait..I have just realized who I am replying to.:rolleyes:

I always go and sit down at me PC to Google like.

totally off topic here but how can anyone know the readership of the metro when it's free and left outside metro stations etc? I normally pick up a handful if I'm doing art and crafts stuff and need newspaper. Does that mean I count as 10 people even if I don't read any of the 10 papers I pick up? Sure folk will pick a few copies up for work staff rooms etc too.

Think its the same bloke (office junior) who runs the SAFC Twitter account too. Both incompetent fuckwits...
The amount of basic errors on the SAFC twitter and Facebook accounts are unreal :lol: They did an interview with Reid last year where they transcribed Eric Roy as Erik Waah and got the 105 point promotion year wrong

totally off topic here but how can anyone know the readership of the metro when it's free and left outside metro stations etc? I normally pick up a handful if I'm doing art and crafts stuff and need newspaper. Does that mean I count as 10 people even if I don't read any of the 10 papers I pick up? Sure folk will pick a few copies up for work staff rooms etc too.

Figures are obviously rough but it's based on the National Readership Survey and general market research.

They sell plenty of advertising off the back of these figures so must be fairly accurate.

I Dinnar like if the echo had a picture of me on the front saying I basically flashed my chippy whopper at some youngins id be livid

Aye if you werent a famous person I'd agree, but how many people do you think have seen that who have immediately thought Julio had done it rather than thinking well that's a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back