Sunderland Deaf Club

A knock on effect of it being shut is that there is only really the museum and the victory club along there now which now are both absolutely rammed and have massive queues. We've said for the next game we're going to bypass along there and stay over the city centre a bit longer.

Victory was rammed on Saturday, worst I've ever seen it

The Fans Museum was packed post match on Saturday.

Much different from the Wimbledon game? That's the only other time I've been there and they both seemed to be a similar level of 'busy'. I bought a drink and watched the first half of the 1730 kick off to let the traffic disperse before I set off home.

Much different from the Wimbledon game? That's the only other time I've been there and they both seemed to be a similar level of 'busy'. I bought a drink and watched the first half of the 1730 kick off to let the traffic disperse before I set off home.

I wasn't in the Fans Museum for the Wimbledon game.

I wasn't in the Fans Museum for the Wimbledon game.

I'd never been in before then. Understandably, travel arrangements have changed for this season so it was always straight to the car and home in season previous but now I'm in no rush to get to my car and join the end of a very long queue.

I've still not managed to have a proper look around it but it's interesting from both perspectives, i.e. football memorabilia and an historic building that's still relatively complete from it's heyday.

Shame. First I’ve heard of this.

Had my first match day booze there. That my mam and dad know about anyway.
Same, I’d have stuck a few quid in. Guess these days people are better connected and can just arrange a meet up without the need for a dedicated club to drop into. Still a shame though.

Back