Sunderland council not listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Without a doubt there should be a law passed that means no MPs/councillors can earn more than the PM, it's lunacy that that's legal.
They're not councillors

Clearly there is
Clearly there isn't

If we're talking Sunderland, you'll have a job in doing that mind
He's going to vote for Durham instead

@Sam Handwich is Loopy Len and I claim my £20.

Neeone pointed out that the council isn't building houses down the sea front either

Last edited:
Sunderland council are slowly being exposed for the corrupt, unaccountable body that they are. People like Len Lowther who are brave enough to put their neck on the line to expose the wrongdoings are frequently vilified on here, now, slowly but surely the truth is starting to out.
There is no doubt Len has some valid points, but it's his approach to all this that lets him down and makes him come across like a crazy fella.

There is no doubt Len has some valid points, but it's his approach to all this that lets him down and makes him come across like a crazy fella.
Problem is that for every valid point he spouts conspiracy theory shite about contract nepotism.

I don't rate the council, but I think it's more organisational incompetence rather than corruption.

Len doesn't even know the difference between a general election and a local council election. For someone who spends so much time shouting about politics, his lack of knowledge is astounding.
Logon or register to see this image

Obviously the performance management process at The council does not apply to the head guy's if they are continually underperforming and get a compromise agreement to leave rather than being sacked for not improving their performance to an acceptable level

Obviously the performance management process at The council does not apply to the head guy's if they are continually underperforming and get a compromise agreement to leave rather than being sacked for not improving their performance to an acceptable level
TBF unless you're committing fraud or something you'd probably get to go on voluntary redundancy or find your post disappear next restructure.

It's not a job for life any more, most staff will find themselves reapplying for their job every couple of years now.

Ultimately there is less money to pay staff, so there are less staff. The demand for services is often growing, particularly in social services. I think councils are doing the best they can in a difficult time, although concede that that the best they can do isn't necessarily the best that can be done.

Last edited:
Labour Party are a bunch of hypocrites.

How people can't see through them is beyond me. People still fighting the miners' strike when Scargill and other NUM leaders came thru it on almost 6 figure salaries and retired with a pension to match.

show be a political party who aren't hypocrites

How can that be justified? That is a civil servant, being paid more than the Prime Minister.

That is an utter disgrace.

There's hundreds of employees get paid more.
It's stupid comparison, politicians are only the decision makers, they don't actually do the work involved or even that knowledgeable on legislation. That's why they get paid less
Remember Cameron's letter to his local council moaning about his own cuts, and then making suggestions which were illegal

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/blog/2...-salary-dumb-place-start-debate-about-nhs-pay

I don't know how accurate those quoted salaries are, but if they're are indeed true, it's shocking. Maybe a freedom of information request might clarify the earnings.
They are well above the city's average earnings. Not sure how the executive rates in Sunderland are justified given austerity.

I don't know how accurate those quoted salaries are, but if they're are indeed true, it's shocking. Maybe a freedom of information request might clarify the earnings.
They are well above the city's average earnings. Not sure how the executive rates in Sunderland are justified given austerity.

which 'salaries' ?
The only one that has been quoted is the CEO's £175k, which is the going rate for that level of job (which I also believe it was frozen for about 5 or 6 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back