Sunderland council not listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Smith £175000 salary Teresa May £150042 salary. And his was in 2015

.. Surely not .. They're the working man's party ..

Are you a councillor?
Also you could create a thread on here regarding anything that comes into your head .having a thread on here isn't a prize or an achievement marra

.. True, I get plenty of threads on here and I strive to be average ..

Are you a councillor?
Also you could create a thread on here regarding anything that comes into your head .having a thread on here isn't a prize or an achievement marra
Whether I'm a councillor or not is my business. Have a look around other LA's and see how much some of their employees are paid. It's not unique to our council.

.. Surely not .. They're the working man's party ..

.. True, I get plenty of threads on here and I strive to be average ..

Chief Executives of local authorities are not affiliated to political parties. They're public sector employees.

.. Are you seriously trying to tell me that having one persuasion or another would not give you a leg up ..

when central government changes power, do they sack all the senior servants & replace them with 'their men'?

Whether or not their beliefs give them a headstart, their role is politically neutral just like senior Whitehall civil sevants

Sorry i got it wrong. Its more
2014/2015 Senior Officer Emoluments exceeding £150,000 per year Chief Executive - Dave Smith 209,468 0 0 0 0 209,468 33,300 242,76

Download the CSV file for
Senior Salaries - Senior Employees 2014-15
from here
http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=10087

you keep showing me something I haven't asked for.
Try again

BTW, that £242k is everything including pensions.
The PM's package is worth over £500k (which includes free rent of 2 mansions)

you keep showing me something I haven't asked for.
Try again

BTW, that £242k is everything including pensions.
The PM's package is worth over £500k (which includes free rent of 2 mansions)
You said "Apart from there won't be a single MP or councillor in the country who does earn more than the PM".
At present, the financial benefits are:

- Annual salary of £142,500 including a salary of £65,737 as a member of parliament [1]
- Free travel and accomodation
- Former Prime Ministers are entitled to a pension based on half of their annual salary at the time of leaving office
- They can also obtain a Public Duties Cost Allowance, which allows them to 'meet the continuing additional costs because of their special position in public life'. This is not obtainable if they are the Leader of the Opposition. The limit is currently set at a maximum of £115,000.
We are talking about salaries here. As well you know.

"Going to shields to spend their money"..? Has to be a wind-up Shirley?

This seems to be the latest myth that keeps being used by those moaning about the Council. If you believed some; Shields is an amazing place, with no traffic, free parking and more family entertainment than Disneyworld :lol:

Fwiw, I have no issue with Shields, but it's vastly overrated by a vocal minority

You said "Apart from there won't be a single MP or councillor in the country who does earn more than the PM".

- Annual salary of £142,500 including a salary of £65,737 as a member of parliament [1]
- Former Prime Ministers are entitled to a pension based on half of their annual salary at the time of leaving office
- They can also obtain a Public Duties Cost Allowance, which allows them to 'meet the continuing additional costs because of their special position in public life'. This is not obtainable if they are the Leader of the Opposition. The limit is currently set at a maximum of £115,000.

There's a clue in that bit mate.

I know, but it was you who added in non salary costs with Dave Smith
Still waiting for you to show me an MP or councillor who earns more than the PM

You're having a mare here mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back