Sunderland cool their interest in Liverpool’s David Ngog

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFC are playing a blinder here, we've bought Wickham and therefore are no longer in a panic situation about buying a striker. Clubs could of quoted stupid fees knowing we needed a striker desperately, now we don't we should be able to drive prices down to a reasonable price.

I'm very impressed at how we are dealing with transfers in and out.

He's not shit. He's quick and quite skilful. Not a world beater, but he would have been handy. What it might mean is that Liverpool are no longer in the driving seat, so we might be able to get him on the cheap come August. We still need one more striker.

I think we will have Welbeck back here , Imo Bruce has made getting him back on loan a top priority .
We have Gyan , Wickham , Ji Dong (seems set to sign ) Cambell and Noble coming through so Welbeck on loan would give us breathing room for a year while.
Cambell battles back from fitness
We find out if Ji Dong is up for it
Wickham adjusts to life in the premiership
and noble develops (hopefully on loan to a championship side that play proper football ),
without wasting funds on a player that could be surplus to requirements in a years time .
It also frees up more of our transfer funds to pursue other areas that need strengthening .

Looking good so far then. Two full backs, a left sided midfielder and a centre half should see us back up to scratch. A transfer record breaking quality signing would put the cherry on the top :-D

Must admit I'm feeling very optimistic, we go about our transfer business in a great way.

I think we will have Welbeck back here , Imo Bruce has made getting him back on loan a top priority .
We have Gyan , Wickham , Ji Dong (seems set to sign ) Cambell and Noble coming through so Welbeck on loan would give us breathing room for a year while.
Cambell battles back from fitness
We find out if Ji Dong is up for it
Wickham adjusts to life in the premiership
and noble develops (hopefully on loan to a championship side that play proper football ),
without wasting funds on a player that could be surplus to requirements in a years time .
It also frees up more of our transfer funds to pursue other areas that need strengthening .

On the suibject of Campbell do we even need Frazier and do we need Wellbeck on loan if we have three highly rated strikers on permenant deals? Even if one is crocked we have two to put in a staring line-up.

Guaranteed to score the winner in the first match now. 40 yard dribble followed by a 35 yard screamer and then the suicide squad will be out saying how we should have signed him and whoever else we get is rubbish.

On the suibject of Campbell do we even need Frazier and do we need Wellbeck on loan if we have three highly rated strikers on permenant deals? Even if one is crocked we have two to put in a staring line-up.

towards the end of last season we didn't have any fit strikers so I would say yes we may need him

Campbell is unlikely to play next season. Dong untried and may take time to adapt, I'm comfortable that Wickham will be ok in the premiership, he doesn't have to adapt to the English game, just better opponents. So definitely need one more, especially if we are on decent cup runs...... heres hoping!

towards the end of last season we didn't have any fit strikers so I would say yes we may need him

And why was that? Did we not speculate it could be training techniques adopted by the coaching staff?

The sun goes down, the coffin lid moves across the the rim of the coffin and out he comes... Count ****ula

Desfartes, when you were looking at Enlightenment philosophers for a username, you should have chosen Immanuel Kant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back