Sunderland Central Scotland Supporters branch launched...

After living in Glasgow for neigh on a decade, I've noticed we have a LOAD of fans in this area, so we've launched a Sunderland Central Scotland supporters branch.

If you're in and around Central Scotland, here's our pages and we'll have memberships on the way for those who'd like to join officially.

Facebook Group: Facebook Gruppen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SafcScotland
Do you know if there is any appetite for a Northern Scottish/North East Scotland supporters group?

I know there are a fair few of us on this board based there.

Do you know if there is any appetite for a Northern Scottish/North East Scotland supporters group?

I know there are a fair few of us on this board based there.

Hi. Although this branch will be based in Central Scotland there is no geographical restriction on any Sunderland fan living in Scotland joining the branch so feel free to drop us an email for a membership form if any of you guys up North would like to join too. We would love to establish a community of Sunderland fans in Scotland. Reckon there are quite a few...!!!

Hi. Although this branch will be based in Central Scotland there is no geographical restriction on any Sunderland fan living in Scotland joining the branch so feel free to drop us an email for a membership form if any of you guys up North would like to join too. We would love to establish a community of Sunderland fans in Scotland. Reckon there are quite a few...!!!
Cheers, will do!!

After living in Glasgow for neigh on a decade, I've noticed we have a LOAD of fans in this area, so we've launched a Sunderland Central Scotland supporters branch.

If you're in and around Central Scotland, here's our pages and we'll have memberships on the way for those who'd like to join officially.

Facebook Group: Facebook Gruppen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SafcScotland
Do you go around nutting each other to say hello?

Best of luck, having been a little involved in the Alec Hall branch, it's all about getting enough people fully involved, one person's ego trip never lasts. Tricky for a wide geographic branch in terms of transport as the cost of getting to a meet up point tends to be marginal to the cost of getting to Sunderland for many! But there are so many MLF's up here, there are plenty of other reasons to have an active branch. it's not as if NASA and other international branches run buses!!

Is this the group that was trying to get going just before COVID, or entirely new??

EDIT: Nope - that's the "Scottish Sunderland Supporters Branch" - hmm, 85 FB members but hasn't posted since September 2019

Last edited:
Do you go running occasionally in a Sunderland top? On Barrhead road?
@Scotsmackem
I just googled Barrhead Road and it's close, but I don't recall running there. I'm in Mount Florida, and was in Govanhill at the start of the year.
Best of luck, having been a little involved in the Alec Hall branch, it's all about getting enough people fully involved, one person's ego trip never lasts. Tricky for a wide geographic branch in terms of transport as the cost of getting to a meet up point tends to be marginal to the cost of getting to Sunderland for many! But there are so many MLF's up here, there are plenty of other reasons to have an active branch. it's not as if NASA and other international branches run buses!!

Is this the group that was trying to get going just before COVID, or entirely new??

EDIT: Nope - that's the "Scottish Sunderland Supporters Branch" - hmm, 85 FB members but hasn't posted since September 2019
Entirely new chap.

Struggling to remember - I've seen that flag a few times, but was it you up above Wembley Way on the left before one of the games two year back - I went up to speak to the folk with it, include an older bloke? Or am I misplacing which flag!?

Hi mate, 4 of us have got together and restarted the branch from what was the old Alec Hall branch (which was then latterly renamed the Central Scotland branch). Two of the new branch committee were in the old branch too. The SSS branch you refer to recently announced it will no longer be a branch so the Central Scotland is currently the only active branch in Scotland and welcoming new members, as per the original post. Hoping to build a community up here for banter, meet ups and some occasional match travel next season (departing probably from Edinburgh Park Station). As you say, plenty of us up here to make this work. Cheers...

Back