Sunderland and Alvarez

I certainly hope so. However the club need to be absolutely certain. The reputational damage this will do if we’ve miscalculated will be huge.
I’d love to report the medical report and findings in detail. If I’d made a massive error in any of my professional assessments I think I’d be struck off or at least warned and disciplined. I suppose we’ll find out way or the other.

I see what you're saying, but we didn't lose the opportunity to use him. We had the opportunity, he automatically became our player but we breached our contract with Inter and breached our contract with the player by not paying him. We should accepted our obligation to buy him then sued Inter to recoup some of the money if we thought we had a case (we didn't, it was weak as piss). Instead we just denied all knowledge til they sued us.

Don't know the ins and outs of this court case but it was first mentioned last year or the year before and it looked mental then. Think the gist of it is he doctor couldn't do a proper medical because we were rushing the deal through and needed it done ASAP so he reported on what he could. Suppose the courts will decide but it seems a massive waste of time and just seems like Donald taking a punt on the off chance of getting something back.
Just about the best summing up I’ve seen.

As if a doctor has 14m down his back pocket???? unless the insurance would have to pay out.
All NHS / non NHS medics / and other professionals offering assessments and/or treatments will have medical and indemnity cover, often for up to millions of pounds. Some minor treatment charlatans might well not have sufficient cover but I have never known any responsible professional not to have this because it is relatively cheap and reassuring.

Back