+++|||*** Sunderland AFC v Wimbledon match thread ***|||+++

Defoe got one. Can't remember who against.

Yep! Defoe.

Crystal Palace away, and I think N'Dung scored that day as well.

Who was Defoe's against?

He only scored 2 in the game at Palace when we won 4-0 in 2017 (N'dong and Kone got the other 2) unless it was a different game against them that I can't remember.

They just said on Radio Newcastle the last hat trick by a Sunderland player was Darren Bent in 2010

Edit: They have just corrected themselves, it was Defoe v Swansea

Last edited:
Looks like Ross is finally learning. All we want is effort and a will to go out and score and not sit back. We are a bit more open but if we can outscore the opposition bring it on. This is more like what I expected last year. It’s not exactly the finished article but today was a big improvement. HWTL

Also he looks like he’s put right a big mistake from last season he knows he best team bar full back position

4 in a row, best display so far this season. Free hit on Wednesday, as long as its reasonably competitive a defeat is no biggy, but a win against Prem opposition could be a massive confidence booster.

We won ffs how can anyone moan?
Were joint top apart from goal difference.............................................along with several others for now.

Last edited:
Who was Defoe's against?

He only scored 2 in the game at Palace when we won 4-0 in 2017 (N'dong and Kone got the other 2) unless it was a different game against them that I can't remember.

They just said on Radio Newcastle the last hat trick by a Sunderland player was Darren Bent in 2010

Edit: They have just corrected themselves, it was Defoe v Swansea
Swansea.

Is it been confirmed as a hat trick? I would have said the second was an own goal.

Ross describes the formation as 2 up front. Though Maguire has a freer roll.

After his hatrick today, who's going to argue?
Maguire is playing where he should have been playing all last season, instead of Honeyman as the attacking midfielder. Very good at it he is as well. Still think 2 up front is the way to go, too many times we didn’t have enough men in the box. Just think we should be having more than 1 shot on target in a half at home to Wimbledon.

Maguire is playing where he should have been playing all last season, instead of Honeyman as the attacking midfielder. Very good at it he is as well. Still think 2 up front is the way to go, too many times we didn’t have enough men in the box. Just think we should be having more than 1 shot on target in a half at home to Wimbledon.

Grigg looks like he’s had a rocket up his arse last two games.

Just seen the goals thanks to @flusheding - great 24 hours - takeover news and joint top - at last something to be cheery about on the Safc front.
only one little tiny thing thing I don't like is when you watch the clips there always seem to be millions of empty seats - the stadium has to be jam-`packed to seem full. what was the attendance today? - 30,000 plus - I've looked but nowadays finding attendance figures is difficult.

Back