+++|||*** Sunderland AFC v Wimbledon match thread ***|||+++

Great result to follow the Rochdale win. I see Blackpool were not able to win at Rochdale today, despite their strong start to the season.

We shouldn’t underestimate the win there - and the nature of it seems to have kicked us on :cool:

Just seen the goals thanks to @flusheding - great 24 hours - takeover news and joint top - at last something to be cheery about on the Safc front.
only one little tiny thing thing I don't like is when you watch the clips there always seem to be millions of empty seats - the stadium has to be jam-`packed to seem full. what was the attendance today? - 30,000 plus - I've looked but nowadays finding attendance figures is difficult.
Just short of 30k according to on line Sky on their results page.

Had a good day at the match today, only marred by a heinous crime in the city centre. I bought my obligatory two steak bakes from Greggs and was munching away on one as I made my way across to the match. I had had one bite when I was mugged from behind by a herring gull. It was a skilful operation, I never felt a thing and my bake was eaten in one by the thief. Wasn’t happy.

I was walking behind a few Wimbledon fans on the way back to the car on Saturday and overhead their opinions on the game, the jist was:

- We'll be up there as promotion contenders, along with Ipswich, Coventry and Blackpool. They didn't mention Portsmouth;
- They thought we had pace throughout the side, which is interesting considering many don't think we have enough pace. I suppose it's all relative and they simply thought we were quicker than them;
- They added that we were a physical side, which again was interesting when you think teams like Wimbledon pride themselves on their physicality and ability to bully teams;
- In summary the best team won and they won't come up against many sides with that much quality this season.

It doesn't tell us anything we possibly don't already know, but it's good to get the opposition's take on it, especially when they're being candid and not looking for a bite.

Back