Sunderland AFC Ladies

Coventry only turned full time in the summer, located their office into a swish hotel, signed players who turned down WSL clubs as Coventry were paying more money and then ended up a quarter of a million pounds in debt before Christmas...and if you listen to them it's everybody's fault but their own.........sorry Coventry but the way I see it it's ALL your fault you've got into this mess.

I was quite happy when she signed despite her long lay-off but it seems there are off-field issues to sort so hopefully she can get the necessary help for that.
Aye it looks like there may be things behind the scenes. She left Durham by mutual consent after one or two games after tearing her ACL then signed for the lasses until the end of the season two weeks later.

Good luck to her but i don't think we can keep signing her back all the time. How many times is that now she has left? Very short on defenders now.

Durham have signed a new striker from Coventry so i hope Bridget comes back.

@David M
Edit: 5th time we have signed her and 5th time she has left

Last edited:
I watched the first half and the difference was clear to see. LCL are full-time, I believe, and it shows as they never really looked troubled by anything we tried. Potts' departure coupled with injuries meant that Herron was alongside McCatty and Brown filled in at RB. I know Neve has played CB before when Grace was unavailable but I'd rather see her in midfield. I think Jess has also filled in at FB before but, again, I'd much rather see her further up the pitch.
It's clear the squad is a little short in areas and I hope the powers that be are working to identify quality additions. I also think we need to explore the possibility of, for next season, implementing a hybrid system of a squad of full-time and part-time players in order to remain competitive. I was hoping this could've be used to tempt some of the more ambitious players in the squad, i.e. Pottsy, to stay but too late for that.

I watched the first half and the difference was clear to see. LCL are full-time, I believe, and it shows as they never really looked troubled by anything we tried. Potts' departure coupled with injuries meant that Herron was alongside McCatty and Brown filled in at RB. I know Neve has played CB before when Grace was unavailable but I'd rather see her in midfield. I think Jess has also filled in at FB before but, again, I'd much rather see her further up the pitch.
It's clear the squad is a little short in areas and I hope the powers that be are working to identify quality additions. I also think we need to explore the possibility of, for next season, implementing a hybrid system of a squad of full-time and part-time players in order to remain competitive. I was hoping this could've be used to tempt some of the more ambitious players in the squad, i.e. Pottsy, to stay but too late for that.
We currently dont have a CF imo, Ramshaw is a winger, Joice and Farrugia AM. Only Blakely a tall CF

Watching the highlights and going from LCL’s third goal it looks like the lasses have been watching the lads defending

Back