Sunderland AFC Ladies

I went along to yesterday's FA Cup match. Pottsy and McCatty were missing so it was a completely new centre-half pairing. That, coupled with the other injuries, a few inexperienced players AND the heavy pitch meant it was a difficult game but we found the extra we needed to get ahead, keep a clean sheet and see us through to the next round, which is to be drawn tonight at 7pm. Hopefully a home draw with good chance of progression and more prize money.

I went along to yesterday's FA Cup match. Pottsy and McCatty were missing so it was a completely new centre-half pairing. That, coupled with the other injuries, a few inexperienced players AND the heavy pitch meant it was a difficult game but we found the extra we needed to get ahead, keep a clean sheet and see us through to the next round, which is to be drawn tonight at 7pm. Hopefully a home draw with good chance of progression and more prize money.
McCatty still in Africa?

SAFC Ladies and Birmingham City Women can confirm the date and kick-off time for the clubs' Women's FA Cup fourth round meeting.

The Lasses will visit St. Andrew's Stadium for the contest on Sunday 30 January 2022 at 1pm, having dispatched Brighouse Town in the third round earlier this month.

Ticket and supporter information will be announced in due course.

I'm not really surprised, I've watched and been involved with the women's game since 2008 and the FA are forcing clubs to walk before they can crawl.......look at attendances in the Women's Championship in the very low hundreds in some cases and yet clubs are being forced into spending money, money, money.....a good 90% of clubs are only in existance due to the generosity of their respective men's teams. If you ran your finances at home the way women's football clubs are ran financially then the bailiffs would be at your door. The women's game should have been allowed to grow organically instead of fast tracking it.

I hadn't realised but Coventry United have been saved from liquidation after a deal was done on Tuesday. They've been deducted 10 points, subject to appeal, because they've had an insolvency event.

I hadn't realised but Coventry United have been saved from liquidation after a deal was done on Tuesday. They've been deducted 10 points, subject to appeal, because they've had an insolvency event.
Yeah was on our local news. They’re disputing the deduction as they’re saying they never technically went insolvent or into administration.

Back