Sunderland AFC Ladies

What’s happened with Maria Farrugia does anybody know? Not been in the squad the last couple games.
Injured

Newcastle United's Women's team attracted a crowd of 22,134 at St James' Park for their clash against Alnwick Town Ladies. The kick-off had to be delayed to cope with the demand and queues with traffic jams also unfolding in the build-up to the original start time of 2pm.

Why can't we do this at SOL

A couple of signings announced yesterday. Nice to see Holmes back.

I watched a bit of Durham last year and Holmes was mostly on the bench and came on as an impact sub. It always confused me as she often changed the game.

I’m over the moon she is back in a Sunderland shirt. My daughter was jumping up and down cos she teaches PE at her school.

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment towards the end. Tbh I would have preferred the womens top with Gentoo over the GAS top myself this year! I’ll be taking the boy along to watch the women next season, and I’d buy him one of these too if they were available!

Excellent video Eddy!

Would also be a good idea for the club to offer replica shirts of players past who are now the big names, Houghton, Bronze, Nobbs, Mead etc.
(for global sales, not just regional sales).

Edit: if the Kelly shirt is not available for sale, the one in the video was "borrowed"? 😇😇

Last edited:
Holmes and Gears have signed as Durham Women have gone full time........neither can commit to training full time so they have left.
Sounds like South Shieldsitis this like. Going FT too early, losing some experienced players which will leave the team full of talented bairns. Hopefully, it works out for them and SAFC benefit by signing some of their better players for whom going FT makes no financial sense.

Wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment towards the end. Tbh I would have preferred the womens top with Gentoo over the GAS top myself this year! I’ll be taking the boy along to watch the women next season, and I’d buy him one of these too if they were available!
I much prefer the purple Gentoo homes aswell. And that’s the thing, watching the women at Eppleton is much more local feel and having kids wearing shirts watching them would give them and the players great pride I think
Excellent video Eddy!

Would also be a good idea for the club to offer replica shirts of players past who are now the big names, Houghton, Bronze, Nobbs, Mead etc.
(for global sales, not just regional sales).

Edit: if the Kelly shirt is not available for sale, the one in the video was "borrowed"? 😇😇
Thank You!

Thats a brilliant idea, about 80% of the current England squad has ties to Sunderland. Which is why its so frustrating that the club hasn’t kept up with the rest

Last edited:

Back