Sunderland accomodation

Hmmmm ...

... I recently had a week at the Intercontinental, Park Lane with Mrs Reiver and will be there again in two weeks.

I was at the Blackpool match, with a son, and paid £39 for a room in Sunderland.

My standards, in all cases, suit the occasion.

The match was a few drinks before and after the game with a bed at the end ..... the standard was absolutely perfect tbh.

I've had shocking stays at travelodges.. Most recently at whitemare pool. Suppose you do pay for what you get though and that room cost me £27

Which begs the question, why do you persist ....

I don't persist as such. The whitemare pool one was a very last minute arrangement. But since finding a used condom by my bedside one time I've been very reluctant to use them. To their credit they refunded me. Can't tar them all with the same brush mind. But it has given me a different outlook to their company.

Hmmmm ...

... I recently had a week at the Intercontinental, Park Lane with Mrs Reiver and will be there again in two weeks.

I was at the Blackpool match, with a son, and paid £39 for a room in Sunderland.

My standards, in all cases, suit the occasion.

The match was a few drinks before and after the game with a bed at the end ..... the standard was absolutely perfect tbh.

Was trying to think where the Intercontinental was in Park Lane, is it near Louis or next to Port of Call? I've lived in Sunderland too long:)

Me and Mrs BC stayed at the Hilton in Park Lane, supposedly their flagship hotel..it was shite and the 24th floor bar was one of the worst hotel bars I've been in.

I don't persist as such. The whitemare pool one was a very last minute arrangement. But since finding a used condom by my bedside one time I've been very reluctant to use them. To their credit they refunded me. Can't tar them all with the same brush mind. But it has given me a different outlook to their company.

Sounds like you need to raise your standards ....

I wouldn't use a worn condom either mate.

:lol:

Stay out of town and travel in.
Tripadvisor is a good guide.
Asking people who live in the area isn't a good idea, more likely to get better reviews from other visitors.

The Premier Inn next to the Northern Spire Bridge is £49.

Edit - sorry it's the one further along next to The Wessington pub at Castletown.

Last edited:

Back