Sunderland 10k/half marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackem00

Striker
Who's doing this then? Got my number for the 10k on Saturday. Targeting somewhere around the 50 minute mark as it's quite a difficult route in normally unfavourable conditions.

Literally just got a last minute entry for the HM.

Hoping to get round in 1:45-2hours.

be interested to see what numbers do it as its never really taken off as yet (IMO)... the half marathon route is absolutely shite and makes for a very boring run (although not too bad if chasing a good time suppose)

Was planning on doing the 10k this year as normally do the half but just recovered from a bit of an injury and had already entered the Sand Dancer this weekend and the P2P on the 14th. Don't think 3 races in 3 weeks is owa sensible, very tempting though :)

Did GNR last year so looking forward to this as my second half marathon. How hilly is the route? Some of the longer, gradual hills killed me on the GNR route.

done the 10k twice and the half marathon and everytime I have ran it has pissed down of rain, so will be staying well away this year, doing sanddancer on sunday but im just making it a part of my long run so wont be chasing a time

its not pancake flat, nor hilly though ,,,, sorry not help :lol:

that's what they all say :lol:

I know @Fletch but im going to be doing 13 miles before hand so there is no way I can run a sub 40 10k so I don't see the point in racing it, hopefully 6 steady 7 min miles our so just get used to what I hope to do a marathon at

Im doing a pacing job for the missus in the 10k.
She seems in a good place with her running at the minute so hopefully we can get get her a pb.

Doing the 10k. Aiming for 43 mins....would have smashed that a few weeks back but for some reason have literally done nowt for 2 weeks.

Just got home. Managed 01:44:20 for the HM. Not too bad and with a small amount of prep.

First time I've ran it so hoping to do it again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back