Sunday Street Food...

In front of Martino's next to the amusements. Just a burger fan trying to be a be a bit trendy. We gave it a go just before Christmas - hoyed most of it away. Makes the burger as ya wait - fair enough. We paid, £6 each, waited, watched. Watched him serve other people in front. Didn't wash hands. Watched him handle cash, didn't wash hands - there's a pandemic on tha knas. Handled raw burger meat to hand shape the burger and put it on the on the hot plate. Didn't wash hands. Then proceeded to handle the bun, the cheese, and worst of all, the salad with his bare unwashed hands. Didn't wash them once. Poor hygiene. If I'd paid by cash I might have asked for me money back n said it doesn't matter but as it was card I thought it'd be a reet pain in the arse. Took it - tried the burger itself as that at least was cooked - crap to be honest. Nee seasoning, nee real flavour. Crap cheese on it. Hoyed the salad n bun away. Lesson learned. Shan't be back.

Aye, smashed between manky hands.
Yeah thought as much, that’s why I asked. Had a similar experience before Xmas. Waited ages an all. His craic was lifting and dare I say, slightly racist. My lasses lad ended up chucking half of it away and sat and watched us eat fish and chips along the road :lol:

I’ve watched thousands of people cook food. After a while, and when under pressure, standards slip.

I must wash my hands ten times when cooking for my family. I don’t want them to be ill. Not the same at some of these venues. As has been described above by Chriswallace.

I’ve also seen people cough, cover their mouth and then continue to handle food.

I know our immune systems can deal with this normally but I don’t want poor hygiene around food I’m going to eat.
That's fair enough. I'm certain things will go on in kitchens we never see and rather wouldn't. This fella was in nee real rush serving us though. He had a big queue earlier in the day so we walked along the coast and back - there was one person in front us and no one behind when we were served.

I dint wanna come on here and knock someone's business as it's their living. But handling raw meat at then handling salad? Ha'way man.
Yeah thought as much, that’s why I asked. Had a similar experience before Xmas. Waited ages an all. His craic was lifting and dare I say, slightly racist. My lasses lad ended up chucking half of it away and sat and watched us eat fish and chips along the road :lol:
Really wished I'd gone to Downey's for a bag of chips - had had a fish lot from Beamish (tremendous) just a couple of days beforehand though so thought we'd give this place a whirl. Like I say, live n learn.

Last edited:
That's fair enough. I'm certain things will go on in kitchen we never see and rather wouldn't. This fella was in nee real rush serving us though. He had a big queue earlier in the day so we walked along the coast and back - there was one person in front us and no one behind when we were served.

I dint wanna come on here and knock someone's business as it's their living. But handling raw meat at then handling salad? Ha'way man.
That’s what this place is for man, if it’s deserved like. :lol:

That's fair enough. I'm certain things will go on in kitchen we never see and rather wouldn't. This fella was in nee real rush serving us though. He had a big queue earlier in the day so we walked along the coast and back - there was one person in front us and no one behind when we were served.

Really wished I'd gone to Downey's for a bag of chips - had had a fish lot from Beamish just a couple of days beforehand though so thought we'd give this place a whirl. Like I say, live n learn.

sure he posts on here iirc

In front of Martino's next to the amusements. Just a burger fan trying to be a be a bit trendy. We gave it a go just before Christmas - hoyed most of it away. Makes the burger as ya wait - fair enough. We paid, £6 each, waited, watched. Watched him serve other people in front. Didn't wash hands. Watched him handle cash, didn't wash hands - there's a pandemic on tha knas. Handled raw burger meat to hand shape the burger and put it on the on the hot plate. Didn't wash hands. Then proceeded to handle the bun, the cheese, and worst of all, the salad with his bare unwashed hands. Didn't wash them once. Poor hygiene. If I'd paid by cash I might have asked for me money back n said it doesn't matter but as it was card I thought it'd be a reet pain in the arse. Took it - tried the burger itself as that at least was cooked - crap to be honest. Nee seasoning, nee real flavour. Crap cheese on it. Hoyed the salad n bun away. Lesson learned. Shan't be back.

Aye, smashed between manky hands.

Could be worse, remember a documentary on Leicester square n a foreign chap selling hot dogs out of an asda trolley had a shit in an alley between customers.

Could be worse, remember a documentary on Leicester square n a foreign chap selling hot dogs out of an asda trolley had a shit in an alley between customers.
I think I remember it, enforcement officers out after illegal food vendors? Used to be loads of those food carts in the main touristy spots in the city, not so many now.

Back