Sunday Street Food...

I don’t know it all and never said I did . But you said “By now all around the country workplaces will have things in place to segregate their workers correctly, how do you know if you don’t even work.
The rules that they, the employers have to follow in order to maintain a safe working environment for their employees?

Joys of being retired bonny lad. ;)

Well I’m presuming you’ve worked all your life in maybe a couple of industries. Probably for a few firms. Then you’ll know fine well what really go’s on in a workplace.

Companies bend to rules to to achieve an end goal, employees bend the rules to make the job easier. Things relax after a short time. But you knew this already.

Well I’m presuming you’ve worked all your life in maybe a couple of industries. Probably for a few firms. Then you’ll know fine well what really go’s on in a workplace.

Companies bend to rules to to achieve an end goal, employees bend the rules to make the job easier. Things relax after a short time. But you knew this already.
Not really.
In my industry (offshore oil and gas) an employee bending or breaking the safety rules would mean dismissal. It's called being "run-off" on a rig.
Also not adhering to safety rules & procedures by the employers could result in a death - likes of the Piper for example.

I have worked on the beach on petro-chemical sites, rig building yards & fabrication workshops, and some of the safety was shocking to be honest - but usually from the lads cutting corners. An example would be scaffolding incorrectly built or altered. The simple answer to that would be to simply refuse to work on it.
But more often than not, firms I have been at have played the game - the Health and Safety at Work Act has been an excellent for the UK worker's safety.

Not really.
In my industry (offshore oil and gas) an employee bending or breaking the safety rules would mean dismissal. It's called being "run-off" on a rig.
Also not adhering to safety rules & procedures by the employers could result in a death - likes of the Piper for example.

I have worked on the beach on petro-chemical sites, rig building yards & fabrication workshops, and some of the safety was shocking to be honest - but usually from the lads cutting corners. An example would be scaffolding incorrectly built or altered. The simple answer to that would be to simply refuse to work on it.
But more often than not, firms I have been at have played the game - the Health and Safety at Work Act has been an excellent for the UK worker's safety.

Well you only have a very limited and narrow scope of uk workforce’s. So your judgment of how workforce’s operate is limited at best and misjudged

And you have a better judgement?
So what is your trade (if you have one) and your usual place of work?

I’ve worked at more than one place of work and know how different companies do things with a different approach. Factory worker, wagon driver. Floor laying. Car garage. And I’ve been on sites for over 14 years.

so I don’t have a singular view

I’ve worked at more than one place of work and know how different companies do things with a different approach. Factory worker, wagon driver. Floor laying. Car garage. And I’ve been on sites for over 14 years.

so I don’t have a singular view
Fair do's - you've done a bit here and there and you have your opinions, and of course I have mine.
I am a time -served boilermaker welder, serving my time on the river wear and have been welding over 40 years. Worked abroad thereafter (the old West Germany) and then on Teesside chemical sites. 26 years in the North Sea on drilling and production rigs/ construction projects and then working abroad and travelled the world in doing so.
I wouldn't call it a singular view mind - just plenty of experience/work practices that maybe you have not come across or witnessed. I still did my job in various places, some good and some bad for safety. But all in all I retired with all of my fingers - just wear and tear of my joints and neck forcing me to stop.

Fair do's - you've done a bit here and there and you have your opinions, and of course I have mine.
I am a time -served boilermaker welder, serving my time on the river wear and have been welding over 40 years. Worked abroad thereafter (the old West Germany) and then on Teesside chemical sites. 26 years in the North Sea on drilling and production rigs/ construction projects and then working abroad and travelled the world in doing so.
I wouldn't call it a singular view mind - just plenty of experience/work practices that maybe you have not come across or witnessed. I still did my job in various places, some good and some bad for safety. But all in all I retired with all of my fingers - just wear and tear of my joints and neck forcing me to stop.

So you’ve worked at some places that’s bad for safety. But you think now every workplace in the uk are following the rules to a T ok

Last edited:

Back