Sunday slurps.

Moved to North Carolina and trying out variety pack of 12 from a local brewery called Highland Brewing. Currently on Clawhammer Oktoberfest, and very nice it is too.

Black Mocha Stout, Gaelic Ale and Avil IPA to go, not sure of the stout though.

Stella.

I had a bottle of Brewdog Punk IPA earlier and wasn't impressed. :neutral:
I'll just stick to the lagers and the Guinness.

You’ve chosen one of the most mediocre examples of the style there mind.

Anyhow, none for me.

Trying to have a few none drinking days around the multiple Xmas parties/gatherings over the coming weeks.

What's on the menu?

Milkshake IPAs on the go here.

Some class IPAs out there, but as some have said on here some f***ing awful ones to. Had one in The Split Chimp near graft, literally tasted like pipe cleaner. Trying to remember what it was but it was that bad I think ive wiped it from memory.......

Saltaire Blonde in Fitzies....mulled wine now back watching telly

What’s that like on draft? Only ever had it in bottles and it’s nice, but I prefer the one with the light blue label (Cascade pale ale). Noticed some of Saltaire’s beers a few times when stood at Fitzies bar but never tried one yet for some reason.

Where from?

Northern Monk

had a peanut butter milkshake ipa recently..........was gopping and expensive

Northern Monk do a belter Peanut and Jelly beverage. I bought a 24 case a few months back.

Some class IPAs out there, but as some have said on here some f***ing awful ones to. Had one in The Split Chimp near graft, literally tasted like pipe cleaner. Trying to remember what it was but it was that bad I think ive wiped it from memory.......

It's the more floral ones I still can't get into.

Love The Split Chimp for a few.

Last edited:
You’ve chosen one of the most mediocre examples of the style there mind.

Anyhow, none for me.

Trying to have a few none drinking days around the multiple Xmas parties/gatherings over the coming weeks.
It was gifted to me. I have a grapefruit one and a "session"/???? one too.

I'd have never bought them, too much a creature of habit.

What’s that like on draft? Only ever had it in bottles and it’s nice, but I prefer the one with the light blue label (Cascade pale ale). Noticed some of Saltaire’s beers a few times when stood at Fitzies bar but never tried one yet for some reason.

Very nice...about 4% which is enough

Do like the Saltaire beers

2 pints, 2 gluhwein and a bottle of red at Lincoln Xmas market this afternoon.

On the train home and will probably round the day off with a gin.

Back