Sunday nights

Working nights for a dozen years certainly changed my outlook. The pleasure of relaxing on a Sunday evening, then off to bed, and starting work in the morning instead of Sunday night feels so very good.

What is it about them that make them so shit? I enjoy my job but still sit there from 5pm onwards with all the worst thoughts in my head, feeling down etc. Been like that for years.
Pretend it’s a different day.
Calling 24 hour periods “days” and naming them is a human construct- Mother Nature doesn’t give a shit

Agree with most posts in here. Especially the staying up later part. I know I’m gonna be fucked tomorrow but my body just doesn’t want to accept sleep because the next thing I’ll be doing is going to work

I hate Sunday night too, like most on the thread it started when I was a kid. By this time on a Monday I'm over it but it always swoops in at teatime on Sunday. I'm taking early retirement in Feb next year, I was saying to my Wife that we need to think of changing Sundays at that point as a lifetime of dreading Monday mornings won't vanish straight away.

I hate Sunday night too, like most on the thread it started when I was a kid. By this time on a Monday I'm over it but it always swoops in at teatime on Sunday. I'm taking early retirement in Feb next year, I was saying to my Wife that we need to think of changing Sundays at that point as a lifetime of dreading Monday mornings won't vanish straight away.
Try turning off the telly get a nice cup of tea and spend some time reading a good book.

Perhaps take up a craft like raffia basket weaving.

Back