Sunday nights

Need to ask yourself , does anything really terrible Ever happen on a Monday , so bad it effects your health and spoils your weekends every week ? 90% of folk dont like work remember .
For me goes back to Schooldays in the 70s. Church, homework, nowt open, nowt on the telly, complete contrast to Saturdays, no footy, no lie ins for 5 days.....boring.

It's peculiar, I had a job I disliked for 3 years and Sunday nights were doomy. Finally got a job which is much better, part time but - I still struggle to sleep on Sunday nights. I can't get out of the habit. Most Mondays at work, I'm lucky if I've slept 3 hours. Worst was half an hour. I already know my first day back at work post lockdown, no doubt a Monday, I'll have had almost no sleep.

The daft thing is that I find myself thinking every single Monday around 11am that being at work is not so bad after all. It doesn't matter how many times I go though the same mental routine though, I still hate Sunday evening!

My working week starts on a Sunday morning at 5am, so I usually struggle to get any sleep, on a Satda night.
I work a 4 day week, doing shifts lasting between 4 & 7 hours per day, and actually like the job I do, (store & warehouse cleaner/janitor/sanitizer) which is a bonus, and is much better than my previous job, working long hours in a factory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sitting wait to go to work tonight, hate nightshift on a Sunday.

Not so bad once you get Sunday out the way with knowing you're coming home to go to bed and everyone else is just starting their working week and you've already chalked off your first day.

But this last hour before leaving is hell, thinking I should be having a few drinks and winding down for a cosy nights sleep.

Just sitting wait to go to work tonight, hate nightshift on a Sunday.

Not so bad once you get Sunday out the way with knowing you're coming home to go to bed and everyone else is just starting their working week and you've already chalked off your first day.

But this last hour before leaving is hell, thinking I should be having a few drinks and winding down for a cosy nights sleep.
I’d hate that mind.

I’ve compared lockdown to the Sunday night feeling with nowhere being open. It’s not nice, but the way I’ve always coped with Sunday’s is either going to my local on the night (5 pints max) or a couple of bottles in the house which is what I’m doing now.

Don’t let the Sunday night blues ruin your weekend 👍

Edit - just realised this won’t help you when you’re on your week of nights🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Standard Sunday night - few beers while doing mine and the kids ironing watching the footy - if you're dreading Monday at work I'd suggest a change because spoiling half your weekend over it is barmy
You’re missing the point. ‘A change’ is easier said than done, what if I enjoy my job, what should I change?

Good day today. 10 mile run, walk round durham riverbanks with the kids and wife, back home to knock up a dinner. Kids to bed and a few beers this evening. Spot on

Back