Sunday nights

What is it about them that make them so shit? I enjoy my job but still sit there from 5pm onwards with all the worst thoughts in my head, feeling down etc. Been like that for years.
Always been like that for me too. But most weeks usually go for a 4/5 beers on a Sunday night which makes me actually love a Sunday.

I just keep on keeping on, looking forward to seeing my bairn tomorrow :)

Kinda ;):lol:

Worth every reason to bring a smile and a tear of happiness.
My eldest has got himself a part time job in Next, whilst doing his A levels.
Dropped him off this afternoon, looked back in the mirror and where I should have been happy, it broke me thinking he is growing up and no longer that little boy :(.
Hope you get that head in the right space, tough I know but keep climbing, Little positive steps.

Worth every reason to bring a smile and a tear of happiness.
My eldest has got himself a part time job in Next, whilst doing his A levels.
Dropped him off this afternoon, looked back in the mirror and where I should have been happy, it broke me thinking he is growing up and no longer that little boy :(.
Hope you get that head in the right space, tough I know but keep climbing, Little positive steps.
Awww bless ya and thank you - obviously everything is a bit of a nightmare with Covid and my losing my job but I guess it could be worse. I know what you mean about your son, they grow up so fast xx

I enjoy them when I’m on backshift, hate them when I’m on earlies. They make you realise that the weekend isn’t long enough though, would love a four day working week.

I find a Sunday easier when I avoid drinking on a Saturday night.

Plus we’re quite busy with the kids, we take the dog for a walk, I go to the gym at 5ish.

If the weekend has been hectic then Monday morning is sometimes a relief.

I find a Sunday easier when I avoid drinking on a Saturday night.

Plus we’re quite busy with the kids, we take the dog for a walk, I go to the gym at 5ish.

If the weekend has been hectic then Monday morning is sometimes a relief.
I like a few cans of Sunday and living is good IPA to prepare me for the week ahead.

Used to be the south bank show tune for me, straight after that’s life. Nothing worse than hating your job, in my old job I used to pray for Friday to arrive from first thing Monday then dread Monday from Saturday morning.

Sundays aren't so bad compared to when I was a kid. There was nothing then - no sport, no shops, etc. Used to enjoy the Sunday dinner but then it would sometimes be a dull visit to relatives and, even more often, a realisation that I'd put off doing homework and either had to put in a few hours on Sunday evening or take a detention or similar. Miserable stuff. :cry: :cry:

Always have a long bath, decent bottle of red and some quality cheese on a Sunday night.
Couple this with Top Gear, MOTD2 and watching some random TV shows make it all quite enjoyable.

In my past I had jobs I hated and Sundays were awful, the anxiety was tremendous and I spent Sundays in a stressed packed daze.
I'd get really bad hearing the Sunday shows theme tunes, like Antiques Road Show and Songs of Praise as I knew it brought Monday closer.

These days I love my job, so I enjoy my Sunday night routine and quite look forward to it.

I remember as a kid being filled with a sense of dread hearing the song sketch at the end of Spitting Image as that meant the episode was over and it was school the next day.

SO....

If you hate your job change it, if you like your job, do something special on a Sunday night to look forward to.

... and pop out every Monday night for a couple of pints, all makes for a good start to the week.

I'm retired, and Sundays in general feel shit to me, unless The Lads had a game on, there was nothing to detract me from that feeling of impending doom. I've worked in a few countries in my time, and it was the same the world over (to me). Shit

Back